cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kravcha
Journeyman III

Problem with new drivers rx6600

I have RX6600 graphics card from asus. When installing drivers after version 23.12.1, I have a problem that I cannot run any program. I double-click on the shortcuts on the desktop or in the start menu and nothing happens. Even when you click restart or turn off the computer, nothing happens in the start menu. You can restart or turn it off only through the button on the system unit. With some versions of the driver, everything starts and works fine every other time, with others nothing is pressed at all, no matter how much the computer restarts. I had to run in safe mode, remove the driver and install 23.12.1, which works fine for me. I might have stayed on it, but games periodically issue a requirement to update the drivers, and I also play cs 2 and a driver update has been released that includes anti-lag in cs 2 and it is more pleasant to play with it, but again, no program often starts at startup.
Sorry for my bad English, I don't know it well, I use an online translator.

0 Likes
1 Reply
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

You could try DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility and a driver reinstall. You could also try a new Windows install. Otherwise you could inspect your hardware and reseat everything. I am not sure if it would help, but at this point it would be worth a try. You could also run some tests to rule out other hardware as the issue, which the other hardware likely is not the problem, but you never know. It would help more if you could figure out your

1. Motherboard
  2. CPU
  3. RAM Configuration
  4. GPU Model
  5. Storage Configuration
  6. PSU Model

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes