cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Werewulf187
Journeyman III

Power Color 6650XT Hellhound Driver and Sleep Issues

I recently bought a new pc from Microcenter that came with a Power Color 6650XT Hellhound GPU. Ive had nothing but problems with this graphics card. Driver and sleep issues all day. Ive tried every single driver with and without adrenaline. Ive tried every little tweak ive seen and found online, nothing works! Any help would be appreciated. I just want my new pc to be stable. The monitor wont wake up from sleep function, PC does but monitor wont. Stays black. Constantly get driver crashes from drivers, etc. Im at my wits end.

PC: Powerspec G232 from Microcenter

1 Solution
CFAN
Adept I

I've ran into the sleep issue previously when I upgraded to a RX 6600XT.  The issue is entirely the result of buggy AMD software in regards to Ultra Low Power State (ULPS).  The only way to resolve that particular issue is to go into the registry and turn it off, or use MSI afterburner which has a feature to turn it off.  But any changes to the registry are at your own risk so be careful if you choose to do that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
CFAN
Adept I

I've ran into the sleep issue previously when I upgraded to a RX 6600XT.  The issue is entirely the result of buggy AMD software in regards to Ultra Low Power State (ULPS).  The only way to resolve that particular issue is to go into the registry and turn it off, or use MSI afterburner which has a feature to turn it off.  But any changes to the registry are at your own risk so be careful if you choose to do that.

0 Likes

Your correct. I tried this yesterday before posting and it seems to have resolved the issue. Has changed the way sleep functions though.

0 Likes
Geno71
Adept III

@Werewulf187 

Do you have another HDMI or Display cable you can try? I've experienced the same issue with 6950 XT, now have 7900 XT, and haven't yet, but I only had the card since yesterday, so not enough time to tell, it might come back any time. For me, the sleep issue wasn't constant. It would fail to fully go to sleep every 4th-5th attempt, working properly in between. I've seen some people on reddit report that swapping a cable helped, there are some other things that helped other users, so not one fix for all, but might be some other things to try:

PC doesn't turn off (Windows shuts down but motherboard stays on). Please help! : r/buildapc (reddit...

0 Likes