cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

MeadyOgre
Journeyman III

Potential fix for low audio in AMD Software replay clips.

I've been struggling with this issue for the last few days and none of the solutions I've come across pertain to me, whether it be Windows volume levels, or specific hardware. I've been changing all of my settings with no improvement, until today.

Problem: Game and/or desktop audio in Replay clips is very low when compared to microphone volume. This is with Windows volume at 100%, game volume at 100%, "audio boost" for the mic set to off, low, or high. No matter what, microphone volume is prioritized heavily in these clips. That is until you break out the mic into a separate track, or shut off mic recording completely.

Solution: use the "Microphone Level (%)" slider, and bring her down to about 50%, then set Audio Boost to "low" or "high". It's not perfect, but it's dang close.

It seems the way this setting is implemented is a bit different from the norm. Rather than adjusting JUST the microphone level and leaving game audio at the default level, this slider is adjusting a BALANCE between microphone and game audio. This is not intuitive. If the intention is to create a balance in the video clips alone, there should be two independent sliders, one for the game audio level (NOT tied to windows volume levels, but what Adrenalin HEARS during gameplay), and one for microphone input level.

I have been using nVidia GPUs exclusively for my entire gaming life, and I'm happy to finally have an AMD GPU in my machine. Shadowplay has always recorded videos with volume levels exactly where I expected them, even with their "one slider" solution which ONLY affected the microphone level *in the recording only*.

There has to be an easy fix for this. Allow AMD Software to record the raw audio coming from the machine as it is, with no automatic leveling taking place, and allowing the user to adjust the game and microphone volume being sent to AMD Software separately.

0 Likes
0 Replies