cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hardreset
Challenger

Portal RTX Error

When trying to start the game an error message is shown and the game does not start .
I have drivers 24.3.1 , I reinstalled the game again nothing helped , drivers too .
I also tried to run with different parameters eg:
-autoconfig -windowed -w 1920 -h 1080
But the game still does not start .
Anyone has any idea what the problem is ?

portal rtx error.png

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
2 Replies
hardreset
Challenger

After installing the 24.5.1 drivers, the game is already running without a problem. It just doesn't display the number of FPS in AMD Metrics.portal rtx no fps.png

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

I had a RX 6700XT when Portal with RTX first came out, and it was completely incapable of playing the game, even using upscaling and low settings.

Then late last year I upgraded to a RX 7900XT and tried the game again, and it played smoothly. I didn't take note at the time of the FPS, but the quality looked decent, I just wasn't that impressed with the lighting enhancements compared to the original game.

After seeing your post I launched the game again, and it took forever to load. Once I was able to get into the game, I noted the graphics looked very poor. There have been several Adrenalin versions since I last played, (currently on 24.4.1) but I also suspect there was a Steam update to the game, as I had to re-adjust all the graphics settings. You can access these by using Ctrl-X within the game. Some of them still don't work right. (probably need an nVidia card) but I did note that my Adrenalin metric overlay does not display FPS just as you reported.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes