cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

baepe
Adept III

Please focus AMD! We want a functional 5700XT!

With the release of Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.1, it's clear AMD's priorities are totally backwards. The downclocking in 3d games, the black screens, the encoder being used instead of the decoder. These are hot button issues that 5700XT owners need addressed NOW, instead AMD released 8 fixes for their live streaming software that nobody can use because the card can't even run games properly! We don't care about streaming AMD, focus on fixing drivers and performance before you add features that don't work and simply add to the pile of bugs.

11 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Hmm,loving my (Asus Strix OC)5700XT with no issues so far,upgraded all driver versions with same results since release.

0 Likes

Earnhardt wrote:

Hmm,loving my (Asus Strix OC)5700XT with no issues so far,upgraded all driver versions with same results since release.

what cpu and motherboard are you using?

0 Likes

Crosshair VII 16G's Corsair RGB Vengence Pro 3200 B dies (14-13-13-28)and 2700X ,2-Samsung 1Tb M.2's

0 Likes

Earnhardt wrote:

Crosshair VII 16G's Corsair RGB Vengence Pro 3200 B dies (14-13-13-28)and 2700X ,2-Samsung 1Tb M.2's

it does looks like the strix card is the source of your problems, asus has been dodging the issues as usual

https://www.google.com/search?q=asus+strix+problems&oq=asus+strix+problems&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.121...

0 Likes

I don't have any issues,I'm very happy with my card...And I've said it years ago and I'll say it again,Been using AMD cards since 2001 and have had pretty much 0 issues with any drivers or Cards.I even tried an Nvidia(560Ti) card once,it lasted 20 minutes and fried.

0 Likes

Earnhardt wrote:

I don't have any issues,I'm very happy with my card...And I've said it years ago and I'll say it again,Been using AMD cards since 2001 and have had pretty much 0 issues with any drivers or Cards.I even tried an Nvidia(560Ti) card once,it lasted 20 minutes and fried.

That has to be frustrating. All my old GeForce and Radeon cards all still work.

After repairing my Gigabyte GTX 750 2GB GDDR5 I installed it to see how well it would perform with 64-bit games and it works at 4K but games are pretty sluggish. The card works way better at 1920x1080.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Seen it,mines been fine so far.

0 Likes
smithchrism
Adept II

Here here!!  Great post.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking about the all the new features in AMD's software releases.  You can add all the new stuff all you want.  It it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  Simple as that.

It's increasingly looking Nivida's Ampere release is not to far away.  I think I'm going to vote with my wallet and head back to Nvidia.

I've done my part by notifying AMD of their issues via the feedback function of their drivers and posting in this forum MULTIPLE times.  I've since sat back and given AMD ample time to resolve their issues.   They have not or have been unable to do so.  

Time to reward another company with my business.

Their response is clear, they don't care about their customers. Our voice has been CLEAR, we don't care about useless features WE WANT STABLE DRIVERS! You don't always get this sort of input from customers, it's absurd that they would chose to ignore it.

I'll give a specific example, the 5700XT series of cards has an issue with downclocking, which has been heavily documented. Instead of admitting its an issue for months they blamed it on inaccurate reporting from the software.

0 Likes

try 20.4.1 as it is stable on my team red fanboy box

0 Likes