Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

onox
Journeyman III

Please fix GPU Scaling, in particular Center

Hello,

Would it be possible to have the GPU Scaling option be fixed soon ? I currently have a Radeon HD 7870 with drivers version 16.7.3 on Windows 10 (1607), and scaling modes "Center" and "Full panel" do not work and instead always do what "Preserve aspect ratio" should do. This has been an issue with Catalyst and Crimson drivers for years, in most versions, and has already been reported several times, for example here : https://community.amd.com/thread/202339?q=scaling%20center

Please do something about it, Center is much needed for old games. I think the last time it worked for me, on the exact same hardware but not Windows 10, was with Catalyst 14.12 (after using DDU), before the Crimson drivers (it was called "Centered timings" then).

Does anyone know a workaround to make the Center option work ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
onox
Journeyman III

Re: Please fix GPU Scaling, in particular Center

I reported the problem with the issue reporting form (for the second time , but the first time was when we still had the old Catalyst Control Center).

0 Kudos
oomek
Adept I

I've recently wasted 2 days trying to solve that problem with the app I'm writing. I thought it was me, but it's the drivers.

To update the topic:

In DirectX 9 mode scaling method is forced to Preserve Aspect Ratio.

In DirectX 11 mode scaling method is forced to Full Panel.

To reproduce the issue game or benchmark needs to be launched in 1280x1024 fullscreen on a 16:9 screen

in DirectX 9 game will be letter boxed regardless of Scaling Mode set in Radeon Settings

in DirectX 11 mode game will be stretched  to full 16:9 regardless of Scaling Mode set in Radeon Settings

On desktop the problem does not occur,  only in full screen applications.

0 Kudos
makaron
Journeyman III

+1

0 Kudos
waitingmoon
Journeyman III

This issue is still not fixed in 17.2.1 WHQL. I forgot how many times I tried different driver. and weird behavior of gpu scaling in directx 9 and 11 is completely same.

0 Kudos
oomek
Adept I

Will this ever be fixed? This bug is infuriating!

0 Kudos
alexvas
Adept II

Hello. Use ATI GPU Scaling Fix from this topic GPU Scaling stopped working properly and follow instructions.

0 Kudos