Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ShadowcoreX
Adept I

Pixel format and bit depth in AMD driver for RDNA1 graphic cards

Hello,

I'm confused for some time now with AMD software and driver. The reason is that my RX5600XT was outputting full RGB in 1440p mode thinking that my TV is a PC monitor which is not (LG C1 48') and just simulating signal. That leads to washed out blacks. I played games like that not even noticing the problem. I just tho, it should be like that, but nope. I set Limited RGB in my AMD panel and actually now games looks properly. For example Shadow of the Tomb Raider is correctly dark and smooth. Also AMD panel shows me 12 bit option in 1080p and I guess, TV bumping the color in game? I think, there's so much mess going around driver. Games are not mastered in 12 bit and it's confusing. Even if the TV can simulate the signal it's wrong picture. Can you actually fix this issue? Problem is that TV is so smart that it's scaling resolutions or simulating higher color depth even when you playing in 8-bit native from card. Also I would like to now what's the native signal form the graphic card. I want some information in panel or anything. I'm tired of fighting with this graphic card. Please, halp.

0 Likes
1 Reply
EFermi
Miniboss

It was your personal conscious choice to connect a personal computer to a TV. Now suffer. 

The settings you need to fix this are probably hidden deep in the submenus of your TV, not the driver, since you yourself acknowledge that it's the TV that is too smart for its own good that cannot output a proper picture. 

Depending on the model and manufacturer of your TV set this might be an unfixable issue because modern marketologists think that they know better than the user and restrict access to in-depth service menus, only allowing minor on-the-surface adjustments and mode switching. 

0 Likes