cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lord_xenu
Adept I

PC Locks Up in CoH 3

Hi, I've been playing company of heroes 3 recently and have had several issues playing the game.   I've played the game since launch and have had 2 crashes (1 was bugsplat, and the other was my AMD drivers crashing) in online matches. I have no idea what caused it since the circumstances were different each time. I submitted the bugsplat bug report. I've updated my drivers/reinstalled using DDU as well and haven't had a mid-game crash as of yet, but now when exiting the game it will lock up my PC.  As a side note, my pc does not crash in anything else (Tarkov, CSGO, Sims 4, Cities Skylines, etc.).

PC Specs:

CPU 7900x

GPU 7900 xtx using 23.2.2

Corsair Vengence @ 6000 mhz

PSU Corsair HX 1000i

Mobo Asus 670e-a gaming wifi

0 Likes
12 Replies
vishvajit
Adept III

1. Verify the game files: Sometimes game files can become corrupted, which can lead to crashes and other issues. Verify the integrity of the game files through the Steam client or the game launcher.

2. Check your system temperatures: Overheating can cause crashes and other issues. Use a hardware monitoring tool to check your CPU and GPU temperatures while playing the game.

3. Check for conflicts with other software: Sometimes conflicts with other software can cause issues with games. Make sure that no other programs are running in the background while you play the game.

4. Disable overclocking: Overclocking can cause instability in some systems. If you are overclocking your CPU or GPU, try disabling the overclock to see if it resolves the issue.

5. Update your BIOS: Updating your BIOS can sometimes resolve issues with hardware compatibility and stability.

0 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply.  I've checked most of what you replied with so let me go through them.

1. I verified the game files last night after the last lock up so I'll see what happens tomorrow when I play

2. My temps are all reasonable and under a gaming load they're low.  I've got a gpu (Merc 310) with a temp delta of about 10 degrees C under load.  It doesn't really go above 65 - 70 on the junction. My cpu isn't overclocked, everything with my pc is stock with an arctic liquid freezer ii 360 AIO, and my case is an H7 flow with 4 140mm fans (3 intakes, 1 exhaust).

3. I'm running GHub, Firefox, Discord, and battle.net in the background almost all the time.  Not much else is running

4. No OC other than DOCP in the bios for the ram

5. My bios is 0805, one came out almost a week ago but I've heard of people running into issues so I'm hesitant to update atm

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sometimes my pc will freez and only when I play company of heroes 3

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you fix it?

0 Likes

Yes it no longer freezers or crashes in coh3.  I believe a game patch from a month ago or so fixed it for me.  I don't have issues in that game any more.  Have you submitted a ticket to Relic?  You can submit a ticket with your issues and they should be able to help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did but for now I can only wait.

0 Likes
TheMuss
Journeyman III

Anyone else still getting this? I can play a few games sometimes no worries then hard lock and I have no choice but to restart the PC, its kept occurring through numerous AMD driver updates.

5800x3d

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

6700xt  with 5800xt but 2700x before and I have this problem entire 2023 since driver version 22.11.2

did not have this problem for month until it happened again.

it can happen in different games but it will happen most in company of heroes 3.

you can find reports on reddit, it must be problem with amd drivers.

0 Likes

you get a black screen, no image, no image on the second monitor when you turn it off and on, and you have to delete and reinstall the driver?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

frozen image but sound is there but if I turn monitor off and on image will be black but after pc restart all is back to normal.

0 Likes
TheMuss
Journeyman III

Just bumping this in case a dev sees it. This is a niche game so I don't suspect many reports. I have been getting this since the game released, improved it slightly by dropping in game fps to 60 from 140. It freezes roughly every 4th game now and I take a loss. I have tried every trouble shooting step imaginable but at this point I know its an AMD issue 100%. 

I have just moved on from COH1 so I expect to be playing this game for the next decade (I am serious and after rx580 > Vega64 > 5700xt > 6800 I am looking at the 7900xtx but If this isn't acknowledged as an issue I am going to be forced onto a 4080 and paying the Nvidia tax which I really do not want to do.

0 Likes

Well I sold the 6800 and picked up a 4080 super few weeks ago.

had 50+ games and no more system lockups so was defiantly the drivers.

0 Likes