cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Swattt
Journeyman III

Pc crashes when importing OC file through adrenalin (7800xt)

Hey y'all, I recently picked up an rx7800xt (reference) and am having trouble overclocking/undervolting it. I found a stable OC where I can get faster memory, lower power/temps, and higher clock speeds. I've tested it time and time again, in every game and benchmark I've tried its stable. The problem is that sometimes windows (10, not 11, I know about the issues with the latest update) resets my tuning profile to default. And when I try to import my saved .xml preset my whole pc freezes and refuses to respond. no ctrl-alt-del, task manager, or driver reset fixes this. This is constant and always crashes when importing. Then, randomly, it starts accepting the file, but the crash/resets start up soon enough. Anybody else have a similar issue? I've scoured the internet but haven't seen anybody else experience this.

Things I've tried: reinstalling old/new drivers/DDU, Reinstalling windows (10), taking GPU and plugging it back in/resetting power connectors, Installing latest mb bios.

• Specs:
  • MB: ROG STRIX ASUS B550F-wifi
  • GPU: rx 7800xt
  • CPU: ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: Gskill ripjaws 32gb ddr4 3200
  • PSU: Corsair rm650w (I know 700 is recommended but cmon)
  • SSD: Samsung 970 evo 1tb
1 Reply
Girhes
Journeyman III

Hi!

I have the exact same issue on Sapphire Pure 7800XT. Do you overclock the memory and set tight memory timings? Sometimes when I manually set (not importing from profile) memory timings and frequency, that's when the whole pc locks up and only hard reset helps.

Sometimes I can import oc settings without locking up sometimes not and it's the same oc settings file...

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kxw7pB

0 Likes