cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doruld
Journeyman III

pc crashes after closing gtav or after a match is finished in hunt showdown (death or extract)

Basically like the title says the pc just crashes and restarts but not mid game and no performance problems.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X

20GB XFX Radeon RX 7900 XT Speedster MERC 310

ASUS ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI

32GB G.Skill Ripjaws S5 schwarz DDR5-6000 DIMM CL30 Dual Kit

1000 Watt Corsair RMe Series RM1000e Modular 80+ Gold

SAMSUNG NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD 980 PRO Heatsink, 2TB

Latest motherboard and video drivers.

0 Likes
4 Replies
kchalupa
Adept I

Hello,

This could happen for a variety of reasons. Can you run memtest86 to see if the RAM is working? Try running some different games and see if you get anything. Sometimes moments in the game really stress the system even if it may not make sense. Try running some benchmarks like ada64 and see if it crashes in other situations. Let me know what your find, I'll check back.

-K

0 Likes

So i tried aida64 extreme and benchmarked everything at once , everything worked at full load and no problem. Used memtest86 did all the tests 0 errors 100% PASS. Quick note i changed the ram speed from 6000 to 5600 before everything but didnt try it in games yet . I will just see what happens for now , if i dont come back it means its fixed and it was the ram speed.

0 Likes
doruld
Journeyman III

it still happens at this point i think its software / driver related

0 Likes
kchalupa
Adept I

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue at this point. Try uninstalling GTAV and reinstall. Or maybe it could be a driver issue.  I looked at ROG site and it looks like there is a new BIOS update from February. For the GPU there's a new driver from a couple days ago. One of those might fix your issue. Hope this helps.

0 Likes