Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

NayxYann
Adept II

Overwatch 2 lag AMD DRIVER 23.2.1

Hello everyone,

I have a 6900 xt, I have installed the new AMD DRIVER 23.2.1 and Overwatch 2 is lagging really hard now.

This is a big issue because the game is just unplayable !!!

Thx.

1 Solution

Hi I just tested OV2. When you boot up the game dont hop on a match immediately. I am not sure but it is like a shader compilation process thus lagging or stuttering.

Wait for a minute or two then try on a match or Try going to practice range first. You would notice the lag or stuttering issue. exit practice range and try again after a min or two. It solves the issue on my side.hope this helps. this is happening to my friend too who has a RTX 3060ti

View solution in original post

7 Replies
NayxYann
Adept II

And I'm not gonna downgrade drivers, because I had another big issue with the second monitor causing high DPC latency and audio issue and now It's gone.. Everytime AMD fix something they break another one.. this is really annoying

Hi I just tested OV2. When you boot up the game dont hop on a match immediately. I am not sure but it is like a shader compilation process thus lagging or stuttering.

Wait for a minute or two then try on a match or Try going to practice range first. You would notice the lag or stuttering issue. exit practice range and try again after a min or two. It solves the issue on my side.hope this helps. this is happening to my friend too who has a RTX 3060ti

I had a similar issue with the 22.5.2 driver when  it came out, I needed to play some games and after a bit of time the lags disapear..but It's even worst right now, the lags are way more aggressive.

I'm gonna try what you said

am no expert but i really suspect shader compilation process is the cause coz it also happened to a friend who is RTX card user when he starts the game. Anyways please try it. It solved the issue on my 7900XT. Hope it helps

0 Likes

Works like a charm ! Thank you sir !

Glad to hear that. Always Welcome to be of help my Radeon Gang Brother. Enjoy the games!

0 Likes
GraveUypo
Journeyman III

This driver has murdered performance in genshin impact too. my 6900xt is performing a lot like my old 6700xt now. areas where I got 110fps with the old driver are now only hitting a very stuttery 75fps. I'm rolling back, this is unusable.

0 Likes