batesmotel
Journeyman III

Ongoing Driver Issues with sleep mode

PC Specs

Ryzen 5 5600

RX 6650xt

32gb ram

24.1.1 Drivers

So PC has been running fine for around a year. In the last month (after dropping from 3 to 2 screens) i have had the much reported error of the drivers not waking from sleep. 

I have tried all the remedy's i could find and even have done a full windows re-install the used DDU to get rid of drivers and prevent windows from installing their own drivers.

Am running AMD adrenalin and it is up to date.

Am also having an issue now and then when the PC is shut down, it will now and then have the same issues as the sleep bug. It does not persist however with adrenalin uninstalled.............

Would love to keep using adrenalin for the extra goodness and functionality it brings but unless anyone knows a fix that works i will have to just not have adrenalin installed.

0 Likes
1 Reply
batesmotel
Journeyman III

So even after uninstalling adrenalin, the sleep problem stopped but the drivers would not load on the first boot of the PC. I would have to hard reset and everything would work. 

Well so i thought. After a day the sleep issue came back. I have since done a full re-install of windows and not installed adrenalin at all. 

This has fixed it completely and no more issues. Will see what happens after 24.1.1 has been superseded and a new adrenalin has been released. 

0 Likes