Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

agentad
Journeyman III

[one bug remaining] cossacks 3 state after 24.6.1

ahoy !

first, thank you about your fixes for cossacks 3 (which had a LOT of issues with AMD)

most black screens et crashes are fixed for me: i can now fully play solo games, solo campaigns and multiplayers with 1 friend in multiplayer

but there is one annoying bug remaining: if i try to play with more than 1 other human in multiplayer, every AMD players will have black screen after loading

i have 5 friends starting to play it (4 with NVIDIA and me + 1 friend with AMD), we tried:

- to play 6 humans = 4 NVIDIA fully loaded and played normally and me + 1 AMD get black screen after loading... (impossible to play)

- to play 2 humans = 1 NVIDIA + 1 AMD  or  2 AMD fully works fine, loading and play normally

- we tried to add AI players = they have no effect on the bugs, but as long as there are more than 2 HUMAN players, all AMD players get black screen after loading

this is annoying to get multiplayer denied, i hope this gets hotfixed as you fully fixed all other bugs !

good luck !

9 Replies
Dragokar
Forerunner

I fully support you

0 Likes
Popey900
Adept I

@Wednesday,

Im happy to support you, but AMD players aren't that important to you. The error has been known for 1 year and it is a driver problem because it works with old drivers. But AMD doesn't care about that.

0 Likes
peruka93
Staff

Will be fixed in 24.8.1

0 Likes

What about DayZ?

0 Likes

Can we quote you on that ?

0 Likes

No mention in 24.8.1 and I cant test it since the download link is linked to 24.7.1 right now.

https://www.amd.com/de/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-8-1.html

0 Likes
peruka93
Staff

The issue is that the new OpenGL driver (post 22.7.1 release) used much more memory in specific situations than the "old driver". Game is 32-bit executable, that means it can use no more than around 3.5GB to 4GB of RAM - regardless of the amount in your PC. Issue is known and we work hard to resolve all the corner cases. Internally we confirmed that the future driver release is going to finally resolve the issue for all. Personally, I'm sorry it took so long.

Still not solved

0 Likes

AMD does everything to make its customers happy.

0 Likes