cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

LiKTOi1029
Journeyman III

Old AMD hardware won't work with driver

Hello, I recently came around to trying to update my driver. My processor according to Control Panel > System is AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics 1.80 GHz

I simply googled the hardware I had and I ended up downloading Adrenalin 22.6.1 for Windows 10, 64 bit like my system is from this link.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a4-series-apu-for-desktops/a4-6210-rade...

I installed it and restarted and that's when the problems started arising. First noticeable issue I had was my windows desktop and file explorer would refresh every few moments. I couldn't even open the file explorer for a second or the run window or even get CMD to open. I ended up having to open up a notepad on my desktop for the split second it was even responsive and long story short I used the "Save As" file explorer window in the notepad to navigate to my AMD folder and uninstall the faulty software. Now, I've come full circle to ask: What driver would be recommended besides that specific version? I need a decent, up-to-date driver right now.

I did send the support team an email, but never got a reply. I've also checked spam and everything so I resorted to making an account and coming right here.

0 Likes
0 Replies