cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kerrybeans
Journeyman III

Not great with computer stuff, and would love some assistance with my graphics card issue!

Hello all, 

I signed up here to get some help. I am not very adept with computer stuff and am having a problem. I can't seem to run Starfield because my computer is telling me my graphics driver is out of date. However, when I installed the "new" version, every game i opened played in slow motion basically. I can't seem to win. Can somebody help me? I currently am running AMD Radeon RX 5600M Series on Windows 11. I'd love some help, let me know if you need any other details!

3 Replies
BigTacious
Adept III

Can you let us know what driver version you're using? Also, do you have AMD Adrenalin installed?

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

It's possible that the new graphics driver you installed is incompatible with your AMD Radeon RX 5600M Series graphics card. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but it's usually not a cause for concern.Here are a few things you can try to fix the slow motion issue:

1. Try rolling back to your previous graphics driver.
  2. You can do this by going to Device Manager, expanding the Display Adapters section, right-clicking on your AMD Radeon RX 5600M Series graphics card, and selecting Properties.
  3. Then, click on the Driver tab and click on the Roll Back Driver button.
  4. Try installing an older version of the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition driver.
  5. You can download older versions of the driver from AMD's website.
  6. Try disabling the AMD Radeon RX 5600M Series graphics card in Device Manager and then re-enabling it.
  7. Try updating your BIOS to the latest version.
  8. You can usually find the latest BIOS update on your laptop manufacturer's website.

If you've tried all of the above and the problem persists, you may need to contact AMD Support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Starfield.
  • Try closing any other programs that you're not using while you're playing Starfield.
  • Try lowering the graphics settings in Starfield.
  • Try updating your other drivers, such as your audio drivers and chipset drivers.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
hawkmanw
Adept III

You really aren’t going to like this but here’s the link to Bethesda’s site with a list of minimum and recommended requirements for Starfield.

https://help.bethesda.net/#en/answer/60442 

RX 5700 is the minimum card that can run it. I’m sorry.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V