cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Deynoy
Journeyman III

No update button for my RX 6700XT in Adrenalin PRO EDITION software.

As the title says, there's no driver update button present in the software and I don't know why. On my old pc with rx 480 8GB there was one, that automatically found new drivers and installed them. Now, with my RX 6700XT there's no such button and I believe, that I have old drivers (23.Q4 from 22.11.2023). Do I have to install them manually everytime (and also while doing it, do I have to use DDU) or do I have to reinstall the software? 

amd1.pngamd2.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
Tinyskynet
Adept II

Well, I never installed the Pro Driver before, but I did find the most recent version(I think) and installed it, just for testing. And yes, there is no update button. So, I guess you'll have to install that manually.

btw, here is the link to the driver.

0 Likes

Do I have to use the DDU, or will it automatically delete the old drives?

0 Likes

I did not uninstall the drivers for a quick first test and it worked for me. But to be on the safe side, and to prevent problems, I used the amd cleanup utility and reinstalled the drivers after, because I was curious how they performed (so far really not bad).

You can use ddu of course. I never really noticed any big difference between using the amd cleanup utility or ddu.

If you want to try the cleanup utility instead, here is a link (in case you worry about chipset drivers, don't worry. It is graphic drivers uninstallation only)

0 Likes