cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMDAMDAMD
Journeyman III

NO TUNING AND STREAM SETTINGS

I HAVE AN AMD RX 6600M AND THE FIRST TIME I HAVE OPEN AMD ADRELIN SOFTWARE I SEE THE TUNING OPTION SETTINGS AND THE OVERCLOCK AVAILABLE BUT I QUIT FROM ACCEPT EULA (DONT REFUSE JUST QUIT THE MENU) AND AFTER THE FIRST UPDATE THE TUNING SETTINGS DONT SHOW MORE OVERCLOCK OPTIONS.

I TRIED TO UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM AND DRIVERS BUT NOTHING HAPPENED 

AMD ADREANALIN 23.4.1

9 Replies
jcat87
Adept I

I have the same problem, can't tune since 23.3.2. I'm still using the 23.3.1 drivers. Looks like all mobile cards lost the ability to tune.

Happened to me too, since version 23.3.2 the tuning page has disappeared from AMD drivers and it's very much needed to keep my fan comfortably quiet. I already reported it using the Bug Report Tool, we all should do that too.

I'm curious, what device is your RX 6600M on? Because that might give us more answers. Mine is on a desktop graphics card from China, not a laptop or a mini PC.

jcat87
Adept I

Still no tuning on 23.5.1.

Did DDU, AMD CleanUP.

I know this is a mobile card, but i like to undervolt and underclock it! Yes i underclock this card so i can play FPS games with uncapped Frames, without the card going to the maximum voltage set.

HELP PLEASE AMD!

0 Likes

you can use the MPT for overclock ur RX 6600M

0 Likes
AMDAMDAMD
Journeyman III

I dont know what the problem is, i just updated to 23.5.1, i dont have the tuning yet 
until a few weeks ago i used the drivers of the two version prior to the last update and the tuning was available
but i havent used it, all in all i dont need, the graphics card it works perfectly even without any modifications
however it is a very useful that can be used in any case, but i dont know if and when it will become available again
AMD is probably testing the best version on which to make it available again the tuning options but that just a guess.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Typically I tell people to revert back to the OEM drivers that are provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, because they are specifically built for your machine. This is unfortunately the only solution I can find that works. The part that is unfortunate is, the manufacturers rarely update the drivers they release for these laptops. This causes some games to run slower, as the optimizations from the newer releases of drivers can't be used. 

The route I typically take when presented with this specific issue on desktop may work for you so here is the guide. https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/how-to-stop-updates-for-drivers-with-windows-update...

I personally would follow that guide, there are a few minor differences between Windows 11 and Windows 10, then run DDU, restart the PC, and try installing the older drivers from the manufacturer. After this I would start trying driver updates one at a time and see if I can find more recent drivers that actually work. 

I am unsure about the tuning ability, but If you are certain it was there originally, I would follow the steps I listed and see how close to current I can get without losing that function in Adrenalin.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply!

The thing that saddens me the most is the fact that the feature was available since forever, then out of the blue, AMD decides to silently remove the feature and shift the blame to the OEM partners. As this is a mobile graphics card, you'd get massive cooling benefits from undervolting the card and not overheating your laptop. I never had an AMD GPU before, and decided to give it a shot, well, time to shift to team green again

2trann
Journeyman III

idk how to fix this problem but if you want to OC or undervolt, you can use the More Power Tool https://www.igorslab.de/en/download-area-new-version-of-morepowertool-mpt-and-final-release-of-redbi...

0 Likes
2trann
Journeyman III

here is the solution: install 23.2.1 version of amd adrenalin, follow this setting of MPT. my English is not good sorry Screenshot (349).png

0 Likes