cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hotpocket2
Journeyman III

No sound after driver updates

Hello, I just recently built a new PC running Windows 10 and everything came out alright except once I added my network to update the windows and my drivers. I completely lost to ability to hear and control sound with the sound icon. Front headphone jack as well(didn't try the back ones) Whenever I click on the sound icon I get this message

MPENc0J

But when I click ok I get no results found from the Microsoft  store and whenever I right click the sound icon I get "Speaker setup UNKNOWN" with an "off" option that doesn't do anything.

hg1b5D3

I tried troubleshooting sound options and the message said everything is working fine. I then went into device manager and all my devices show up normal(no exclamation mark). So I don't know if this is a Windows thing or a driver thing but I know I had sound moments before I updated. I noticed this seems to be a common issue with AMD drivers so I thought I'd ask here first. I did use adrenaline from AMD's main page. The software version at the time was 24.4.1.

I spent days trying to  figure out what's wrong so I ended up doing a complete reinstall of Windows 10 but it still kept my drivers and still having no sound issues. So far I haven't reinstalled adrenaline yet. I did reinstall my motherboard's drivers(probably could have been this too) so I don't know what else to do and seeing other topics with sound issues as well seems like everyone's solution seem to differ.

My build:

GPU: PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 6600

CPU: Ryzen 5 8500G 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI PRO B650M-P Micro ATX AM5

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hotpocket2
Journeyman III

Never mind I'm an idiot, I forgot I had just the VGA  cable plugged in.

0 Likes