cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

musichoard
Journeyman III

No post w/ GPU connected, with or without drivers installed.

As the title says, I cannot get my new build to post using the two GPU's I have available. When a gpu is not installed, my onboard graphics takes over just fine. but when any gpu is plugged in I get the fan pulsing and nothing further. 

Goal: to not have to RMA or go to nvidia. Any help available would be generously appreciated. 

specs:

used sapphire hd7950, and a like new but lightly used msi rx 570

850w power source, Gigabyte b460m ds3h, i5-10400,

32gb xpg spectrix ddr4, and an SSD w/ 2 day old windows install. 

Background:

I've recently (<30 days) upgraded everything and the system was running well with the 7950, but with random crashes. adrenaline driver has always been up to date, with windows updated as well. 1st I learned the ram wasn't clocked right, and fixed that, which made the restarts go away for a while. But they returned when I began playing more intensive games. I bought an rx570 that needed it's bios updated which ran well for a few minutes before displaying the same crash and no post. I then upgraded the power supply and the same exact problems persist.  

Troubleshooting:

Upgraded powersupply from 600 to 850 thinking it was a power issue. 

Tested without gpu, computer does not appear to crash at all. 

DDU amd and onboard intel drivers. -  This worked the first time and allowed me to boot with the 570 plugged in. I began installing a december version of adrenaline that installed. I restart and began to change the screen scaling and it crashed again.

DDU again but both GPU's plugged in will cause a no post situation. 

I've checked and updated all of my drivers.

I have not yet tried drinking the problem away, but am super close. 

Thanks anyone, 

0 Likes
1 Reply
musichoard
Journeyman III

Update: After testing a third gpu it was assumed the pci-e slot malfunctioned. I returned it and bought an MSI board to match the rx570 and everything appears to be working as designed with no other changes. 

0 Likes