cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

davidwu520
Adept I

No option for AMD Freesync on software.

I have an AMD Freesync compatible monitor and an AMD GPU RX 6700xt graphics card. When I go to the "Display" interface on the software, I only see "Adaptive Sync Compatible". I tried switching from HDMI to DP, but HDMI only gives me "VRR", which is variable refresh rate. This is a big problem because when I have a big fps drop like from 144fps to 130fps I experience shutterings. 

0eb54f050a93fee7ab51d1b1cbfb6d9.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
davidwu520
Adept I

Well, if your gaming monitor has FreeSync Premium option, then your AMD GPU software will only show Adaptive Sync if you're using a Displayport cable, and vice versa. For example, if your monitor has Adaptive Sync option but not AMD Freesync, then your AMD GPU has the AMD Freesync option. I'm just stupid not knowing this.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
SeismicForce
Adept III

Under Adrenalin display settings does it show your display model? If so check your display on-screen settings to make sure it's enabled there as well if there is such an option. I believe you have to have it cabled DisplayPort in order for FreeSync to work and get higher than 60Hz refresh rate.

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU
0 Likes

Yes it shows as Asus VG27AQA1A - Displayport, and I enable Free-Sync Premium on my monitor already. Under Adrenalin display settings, it should show AMD FreeSync and not Adaptive Sync. I don't know why it is like this. 

0 Likes

Asus tech spec says vrr tech adaptive sync, the amd software is reading it correct.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
davidwu520
Adept I

Well, if your gaming monitor has FreeSync Premium option, then your AMD GPU software will only show Adaptive Sync if you're using a Displayport cable, and vice versa. For example, if your monitor has Adaptive Sync option but not AMD Freesync, then your AMD GPU has the AMD Freesync option. I'm just stupid not knowing this.

SeismicForce
Adept III

Mine shows this:

SeismicForce_0-1685761807857.png

SeismicForce_1-1685761921441.png

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to use the TV remote control buttons on the panel maybe or your monitor browse to external devices and select GAME MODE and TOGGLE FREESYNC to ON in your TV or display. It will then be an option assuming you are DIRECTLY connected from GPU to display nothing in between with a modern cable. HDMI 2.1 you can then set it to AUTO GAME MODE and it will AUTO LLC where it auto chooses low latency for gaming and game mode and free sync or it just goes to 'dynamic picture entertainment mode' where its a low fps signal like 24fps or 30fps it will then crank the color and optimize it with things like motion enhance or blacks/contrast enhancers. before HDMI 2.1 the protocols in HDMI CEC to detect if it should switch to game mode or movie mode wasnt there is the bull**bleep** they tell u but its really just the TV doing it based on FPS or whether or not there is METADATA in the HDR stream. You will also want to beat all your game developers for not including any AMD include libraries to support features like chill or freesync and not optimizing for AMD else all games would run at 0 latency for AMD negative latency hardware and faster than reality freely syncing with any input or output device. This is proven by being able to link multiple playstation 3s with linux and having a faster computer not a slower one. This also proves intel and nvidia are not a computer as all maths is instant and infinite and faster than reality as it doesnt exist its us assigning values to things in our minds like the bat half of batman so it takes up 0 time as things that dont exist dont take any time so you have no idea what impossibly cheap stuff thats like a computer display/memory/processor/storage like a digital alarm clock calendar or radio or USB flash thumb drive 8GB homework student files storage stick with 0 hardware and 0 maths and 0 bit depth binary 60's and 80s fake not computer trash intel and nvidia are. consider making a config.ini text file and typing in ultraextremefullVRRunlockedvariable or something similar. my config text file is 3GB large and has thousands of words and needs special text editors or code editors just to be able to view it because windows sux wang.

0 Likes
Nana_998
Journeyman III

Can someone help me? The above menu, you have System, Graphics, Display, Audio & Video.

With my software, there's no display option option. In fact there are quite a few options that can't be seen in this Radeon Software on my laptop. 

Can anyone help me on how to access those settings.

0 Likes