cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Navitori
Journeyman III

No manual fan tuning graph in Adrenalin 2020 v.20.4.2

I've searched the web but have not been able to find a solution for my problem. 

During the past half a year, or so, I've had a problem where my computer occasionally shuts down when playing heavy games, generally FPS and AC/SoM games where it asks a lot of the GPU, but also in games I've been able to play previously without problem, such as the sort of games mentioned as well as F1 2019 and Euro Truck Simulator, ETS being one I've even been able to have a web browser playing stuff on YT in the background and running the game without issue. 

I now went, after scouring the web, to try and apply my own manuel fan curve to see if I can get the card to not overheat (which I throught  might be the culprit (haven't ran a log but may have to if I can't get this to work) but I can't get a manual curve to show up. 

When watching videos of people using it, they have an Automatic/Manual clicker under Perfomance Tuning which I don't have and under Fan Tuning and advanced tuning, they get the graph and ability to change between a slider and the graph, I only get the graph. 

Have I made a mistake somwhere when installing the driver to have it show up like that or what is going on? 

My Specs, to the best of my ability: 

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
AMD X99-Pro motherboard
AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro Back Plate
Intel Core i7-5820Mhz
1000 Power Unit to make it all roll

Thank you in advance to any help that can be given with my issues. 
/Navitori

0 Likes
1 Reply

You need to use a 3rd party app (msi-ab) for fan control on the 390.

There was a post long ago from Tech. staff about the cards not being amd ref. design ? as to why there's limited/no function in settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes