cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KailJ
Journeyman III

No digital signature on RX 480

I have an RX 480 and recently I have ran into an issue with the driver crashing while playing certain games on Steam. The driver will crash out and go into safe mode or totally uninstall itself. When I checked Graphics properties and examined the Driver File Details, everything has a digital signature except for the amfrt32.dll and the amfrt64.dll

When it comes to those 2 files it says the following,  Provider: Not available, File version: Not available, Copyright: is blank, Digital Signer: Not digitally signed

Do I have bad copies of these 2 files and if I do, what do I need to do to correct it. Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Pygowsky
Adept II

You could try using the DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) tool and then performing a clean install of a brand new driver from the site.

0 Likes

I used DDU and it did correct the missing digital signature issue, but the driver still crashes after a while though not as often. When the game crashes, the game says something about a Unity error, so not sure there is a conflict with Unity and the AMD graphics drivers. So not really sure where to look for a solution.

0 Likes