Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JayyyLP
Adept I

No Audio when using Instant Replay

Hi All,

I am having an issue where whenever I record and AMD instant replay it does not play any game audio / microphone audio.

I have the following setup:

5700XT both DisplayPort to two AOC C27G1 27" Curved Monitors with no inbuilt speakers. SteelSeries Artics Pro GameDAC headphones.

I have tried:

Disabling the two monitor audio drivers in device manager.

Adding the following regkeys: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR

AudioInputCaptureEnabled 1

AudioOutputCaptureEnabled 1

Changing between Stereo and Automatic in AMD Radeon - Audio channels

Going between ticking and un-ticking Record Desktop in AMD Radeon

Updating the AMD Radeon Software to the newest version (20.11.2)

This definitely stopped working when I started using my new monitors, I just haven't noticed since changing them a month or so ago.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, JayyyLP.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Manage to fix it myself, my Headphones where suing the 96kHz HD Audio feature which after scouring across a 3rdparty program to record "HD Audio" it mentioned that AMD ReLIve does only support 48 kHz audio, after channging both my headset and microphone to 48kHz Audio channels and a restart, I managed to get it working.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayyyLP
Adept I

I have found out now after factory resetting/uninstall my AMD Drivers, completely removing VoiceMeter which I was not using.

That it now can record my desktop/game sound fine with "Record Microphone" unticked, but as soon as I tick "Record Microphone" it records no audio at all.

As stated in the previous post, my Headphones SteelSeries Artics pro with GameDac have a separate game and chat channel which might be the cause of the issue. I have tried changing between automatic and stereo but have found no difference.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks, JayyyLP.

0 Likes

Manage to fix it myself, my Headphones where suing the 96kHz HD Audio feature which after scouring across a 3rdparty program to record "HD Audio" it mentioned that AMD ReLIve does only support 48 kHz audio, after channging both my headset and microphone to 48kHz Audio channels and a restart, I managed to get it working.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Also make sure to change your audio channels from automatic to Stereo this is what fixed it for me as im guessing amd can only handle a certain amount of channels because my headset has 8channels 

0 Likes
FluffieFoxBoi
Journeyman III

Similar issue, I sometimes find clips will record with no audio after a pc reboot

For anyone having an issue of clips randomly not recording audio where they did before I fix it by simply disabling Record Desktop, and Borderless Region Capture, I always play in borderless windowed but if you dont that might not be needed, this usually fixes it but if it doesn't disabling then re-enabling record microphone does, 

Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue that isint fixed by this cause.

0 Likes