cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Woozythebear
Journeyman III

Newest GPU drivers Bricked my onboard bluetooth

Have a 7900XTX and updated to the newest drivers trying to fix black screen driver timeout issue and now my bluetooth no longer works. wont show up anywhere on my PC and a clean install of windows wont bring back my bluetooth. ive tried every "fix" i can find and nothing.

At this point im not looking for a fix. im selling my 7900XTX and my 7600X, this post is to warn others to not buy AMD. nothing but headaches and pain...

0 Likes
4 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

The GPU drivers did not brick your onboard bluetooth. Most likely you disabled bluetooth in bios or something.

Dragokar
Miniboss

It would help if he lists his system and show the device manager WITH timestamp

As far as I am aware the AMD Graphic driver has nothing to do with your Motherboard's integrated Bluetooth or PCIe Bluetooth card.

Need to post your PC Information to be able to help in troubleshooting your issue before you get rid of it.

Possibly your Bluetooth driver is corrupted or got removed so you need to check Device Manager and see if you have any type of errors indicating.

to eliminate BIOS settings, do a CMOS CLEAR or in BIOS set it to its factory defaults and see if you get Bluetooth function back.

Also possibly, if you messed around inside your PC you may have dislodged or loosen a Motherboard cable or hardware.

0 Likes
alexanderjohnes34
Journeyman III

It's frustrating when updating drivers causes unexpected issues like bricking onboard GB WhatsApp Bluetooth. Thank you for sharing your warning with others. Have you considered reaching out to AMD support.

0 Likes