cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

StonyMike
Adept I

New update 23.4.1 FAILED

Just wondering what I can do to actually get this driver updated, only time this has ever done this. looked up the error and it said to turn off firewall or virus protection i don't have any on!! Also says AMD server could be offline.. Which I doubt? 

Whats going on!!!

Thanks,

Stony

1 Solution
StonyMike
Adept I

I ended up having to use DDU uninstalling everything rebooting and downloading the driver straight from the website not using adrenaline in order for it to work I have it installed now no issues.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
StonyMike
Adept I

I ended up having to use DDU uninstalling everything rebooting and downloading the driver straight from the website not using adrenaline in order for it to work I have it installed now no issues.

Griderz1987
Adept I

Man I swear AMD breaks more than they fix. I cannot do the update either. I just had my pc redone to work properly and the first update that comes out AMD bricks the software. I hate having to completely remove all of my software and reinstall everytime. I never had these issues with my NVIDIA software. AMD weigh in and lets get this fixed. All of my firewalls are shut down at the moment without any luck. 

I didn't have to do anything except download the file from the AMD Support page and run it. Did you try to update using the Adrenalin Software or something?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Did you try going to AMD Support site and downloading and running the installation file from there?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
perpap
Journeyman III

For what it is worth, this driver completely breaks my system.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4GB Nitro+

CPU : Ryzen 9 5900X

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero (BIOS 4603)

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro  -  Version 21H2(OS build 22000.1761)

Note*(The Windows updates were disabled during the process)

I downloaded the driver from AMD Support site and tried to install it as usual, after i had already uninstalled the previous one and rebooted the system.  The installation process caused a black screen of  death around 53% and right after the bios POST a Bad System Config BSOD appeared. Automatic Repair took place and the system was restored to the last working state.

I also tried the AMD cleanup utility for the previous driver uninstallation , but the result was just the same as above. 

It is the first time that i am facing such an issue with a WHQL certified driver and i am wondering how it passed certification when there is such a system break down.

0 Likes

Weirdly enough I can't even try to install it. When I click download in Adrenaline, it just says failed.

Never happened before.

(It downloads fine from the website, but Adrenaline fails)

Yeah a friend of mine has the same issue. I just download my drivers to keep on an external drive anyway and update that way. This sounds to me like there is an issue with Adrenalin.

Whatever it was, I just got it over the website and it installed just fine.

Just thought I'd mention it, so maybe someone takes a closer look.

0 Likes

Nope, doesn't work that way for me.

0 Likes
rakktias
Journeyman III

hey man i have the same problem i can't fix it, have you find a issue ?

Cyberware
Adept I

After clicking on the download button the status switched immediately to "Update failed" with no further explanation. 

Switching to an AMD GPU in last autumn was probably my biggest mistake in "building my own system" history. First the MPO problem with grey screen of death, if your display has 240Hz and now this **bleep**. 

MPO is a problem for Nvidia too. I already told people how to update. All you have to do is download the update from AMD support page and run it instead of running the Adrenalin update tool. My 240hz display has given me zero issues even when MPO is enabled. 

Back to the main topic, you should be able to update the drivers by running the driver software on the AMD support page.

These workarounds shouldn't be necessary. If you buy a car you would expect that you can use the gas pumps at every gas station and not be limited to using funnel and gas cans.

Nope, downloading from the AMD site did NOT fix it, even after going through all the exhaustive steps below.  

Thank you for your e-mail.
Based on the inquiry, I understand that you are experiencing error 1603 on your system.
I would like you to perform the following troubleshooting steps to try and resolve your issue.

If the issue persists, I request you to provide a dxdiag (in .txt) & msinfo32 (in .NFO) reports which consists of all the system component details including the update that is done with the drivers installed to investigate your issue further.
Thank you for contacting AMD.

0 Likes
MadMoyers
Journeyman III

My advice to you and everyone else who is having the issue (hopefully you all see this) follow the link https://www.amd.com/en/support. and find your software or use auto detect. manually update it this way. Its the easiest fix you'll probably find.

Do not use auto detect as it will also fail you actually have to search for your specific card and download file manually otherwise it will still fail. But yes to fix go to amd.com drivers downloads select your card and download update.

Tried that as well, still had issues.  The only way that it updates to amd 5700XT, in my case, was the exhaustive steps below, and then replacing/updating the Window's generic driver by searching, it found and updated to 5700XT, but still with video and audio glitching.

Based on the inquiry, I understand that you are experiencing error 1603 on your system.
I would like you to perform the following troubleshooting steps to try and resolve your issue.

If the issue persists, I request you to provide a dxdiag (in .txt) & msinfo32 (in .NFO) reports which consists of all the system component details including the update that is done with the drivers installed to investigate your issue further.

0 Likes

Below didn't even assist in updating.  Adrenaline is broke for many of us.

0 Likes
Jemerson
Journeyman III

same problem here

Huntedjohan
Journeyman III

so im not the only 1 with this. realy, i love the amd 6800 card, but with every update im affraight to update. 

AguynamedNick
Journeyman III

Hey man, I had this issue a few minutes ago what fixed it for me was that I downloaded the latest drivers from the website   https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580 

0 Likes
Mr-C
Journeyman III

It has been fixed, and 23.4.1 will now download via Adrenalin.

0 Likes

Nope, still can't even get Adrenaline to install, again. Repeated issue.

0 Likes
gabrielpike
Adept II

Same issue for me as well. RX 6600. I could roll it back to 23.3.1 with no issues. Same as everyone else. The only thing I have not tried is reinstalling the OS. 

0 Likes