cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SarNati
Journeyman III

New Sapphire Pulse 7600 not being recognized by my motherboard

I have a MSI B550-a Pro motherboard. I recently purchased and installed a Sapphire Pulse 7600 graphics card.  I get the 1 long and 2 short beeps (which i understand means the motherboard cannot initialize the graphics card) when I try to boot the system. I have a 1000 watt power supply, and I have updated to the most recent bios firmware.

The weird thing is, if I put my old card back in and boot up with it AND the new 7600 installed at the same time, Windows 10 finds and installs drivers for the 7600. But gives a "no resources available" error.  

Anyone have any ideas?  Is the new card just damaged?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

You do have the power cable connected to the card?

0 Likes

Yup. And a 1000 watt power supply so plenty of power.

*update*

We returned the card and just received the replacement. Plugged the new one in, and same problem.  So weird. Everything tells me it should work. 

0 Likes

Somehow I misread 7600 with 7900. Anyway, Wattage alone is no indicator of a good psu.

But since the replacement card does the same, I guess it's a board thing. Are you on Bios 7C56vAE ? I had to replace all B550-A Pro that we had floating around in family and friends PCs, mostly due to fault m2 slots and one with a self corrupted bios.....

As farfetched this might be, have you tried this:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1179576-motherboard-beeps-1-long-2-short-beeps/

0 Likes