cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

slopopter
Journeyman III

New drivers for RX 5600 XT cause visual glitches

I have strange artifacts on the new versions of the AMD drivers for the RX 5600 XT. (currently: whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.12.1-win10-win11-dec5-rdna)

Those artifacts can appear anytime, they look like a shuffle of pixels and can cause a system crash, basically making system unusable, so I didn't figure out what could cause them (sometimes happens right after windows logon)
After some time, I figured out that manual tuning in the performance tab causes those glitches much more often than a custom one.

The solution for me is to use the oldest driver that is recommended by the vendor; glitches don't appear there. (radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.10.1-win10-win11-64bit-oct5)

slopopter_0-1714819762063.png

0 Likes
7 Replies

Hey, today I experienced the same glitches on this version of the driver; it's the oldest and closest to the card release version of the driver recommended by the vendor of the GPU.
I switched from the old Nvidia GPU (GTX 1650) to the RX 5600 XT, deleted old drivers through DDU.
On the Nvidia GPU, there were no crashes/glitches, I had stable experience.
I don't know what to do with the new card; those glitches may appear because of Windows 11 or just bad drivers, or maybe the GPU is somehow faulty. I won't understand until I test it on other machines within different environments.

0 Likes

If I understand correctly, you started experiencing artifacting on your RX 5600 XT graphics card, and attributed it to a newer driver version, as when you rolled back to an older version the artifacts stopped. But now you are experiencing the artifacts on even the old driver version?

Unfortunately artifacting can be a sign of a dying GPU. It can also present when overclocking, particularly on too-high memory speeds. As to why there was an apparent difference, at least temporarily, between a newer and older driver version, it may have been attributed to a difference in clock speeds, power profile or other default settings of the driver.

If you have the ability to test the GPU in another system that will help to determine if the card is faulty.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
slopopter
Journeyman III

So, most of the issues disappear when I undervolt my GPU and increase power limit using MSI Afterburner and set empty custom tuning settings in Adrenaline.

slopopter_0-1715510015861.png

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

Based on the screenshot above it appears the card is overclocked? The reference RX 5600 XT boost clock is 1560MHz with memory at 1500MHz.

0 Likes

Reference specs of the GPU: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-tuf-3-rx-5600-xt-evo-gaming-top.b8297

The thing is - default tuning of adrenaline uses 1750 MHz for the memory and 1800 MHz for the chip.
Minimum memory clock is fixed at 1750 MHz(unable to underclock)
I tried to underclock the chip, but it doesn't help with glitches, but the performance downgrade is really noticable.
Temperature of the card is less than 70 almost all the time and the airflow inside the pc case is stable.

0 Likes

What you linked above appears to be this ASUS Overclocked edition card.

And yet your screenshot shows the core running at 1820MHz which is 50MHz over the already overclocked 1770MHz ASUS GPU clock.

I suggest you get your support files from ASUS for this overclocked edition card.

If you still encounter problems with the card using the downloads available from ASUS then you should contact ASUS for support.

0 Likes

ASUS just posts tested version of the drivers for the card, no?
I'm not sure that downgrade of the driver might fix my problem with default tuning causing issues, and I tried using it before.
Undervolt fixes most of the issues I had, so I will stick with it for now and go to the official service for the diagnostic soon(Even though warranty is off).

0 Likes