cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheSaltE60
Journeyman III

new driver old Comp

So I own an HP with Intel(r) HD graphics with the intel core i3, and I dont know how to find the right driver for my computer, I'm hoping to be able to play persona 4 golden, but I have 0 clue as to doing it right,... help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

No worries, it's  2nd GEN Sandy Bridge CPU around 10 or so years old.

I only just upgraded from the i5 2500k which is the big brother of you i3 and it was starting to struggle, and it had the benifit of a dedicated video card..

The specs for and that P4G aren't particularly high but an i3 with onboard video will probably struggle.. if you run all the setting on low and depending how much memory you have..? It might work, but it will struggle. 

** I would of thought WIN 10 would have generic drivers for it? Below is the Intel driver detect tool

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html 

Time to save up a few dollars and upgrade. If spending any real $$ Isn't possible you could probably find a i5 or maybe i7 2nd CPU as long as your MB supports it. But most LGA1155 2nd GEN Intel CPUs should work. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ScotchFury
Challenger

LOL.. Intel CPU, with Intel graphics on a AMD forum.. Nice.

Would depend on what model or generation i3 You have..?

Here is the HD Intel graphics driver page. If unsure which model you have check in the BIOS for the CPU model or at least what socket type it is..? 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics 

If really unsure on what series chip you have Google Intel CPU diagnostic and that should have all the info...

its either braveness or complete cluelessness xD

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Intel Core i3-2100 processor (3M Cache, 3.10 GHz) thats what I got,.... and no clue here, not in how they work nor what a driver is entirely, I would like to be able to play P4G or PR5 and if amd is not the way to do it, just lay the facts down on me

0 Likes

No worries, it's  2nd GEN Sandy Bridge CPU around 10 or so years old.

I only just upgraded from the i5 2500k which is the big brother of you i3 and it was starting to struggle, and it had the benifit of a dedicated video card..

The specs for and that P4G aren't particularly high but an i3 with onboard video will probably struggle.. if you run all the setting on low and depending how much memory you have..? It might work, but it will struggle. 

** I would of thought WIN 10 would have generic drivers for it? Below is the Intel driver detect tool

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html 

Time to save up a few dollars and upgrade. If spending any real $$ Isn't possible you could probably find a i5 or maybe i7 2nd CPU as long as your MB supports it. But most LGA1155 2nd GEN Intel CPUs should work.