cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elyseus
Journeyman III

New Adrenaline Fluid motion drivers BSOD on install

So, after 4 attempts, every time I got BSOD on around 50% driver install.

I tried first 2 times with DDO uninstall old in safe mode > restart in normal mode > install attempt > BSOD

Then I tried uninstall AMD software from windows then restart then install of new ones >BSOD.

Then I tried unplug one of my 2 monitors and still > BSOD.

I'm without solution, yet am very eager to try new FMF tech

Anyone has any possible solution that doesn't include windows reinstall ?

0 Likes
1 Reply
MikeySCT
Challenger

I'd suggest you skip this Preview driver for now, I'd tried it for my MERC310 RX 7900 XTX and after booting up and getting a blank screen, I tried many times to get it to run but had to resort to 'System restore'. I'd restore to point where I'd installed this preview AFMF driver and it seemed to work. Ran Crysis Remastered at 'Can it run Crysis' presets and it ran the game well enough at 40'ish fps. I recall trying it a few months back and got about 10+ to 20+ fps, so AFMF + FSR3 FG would prolly push it pass 60fps easily enough I surmise. So, after I was done gaming and surfing the net, I shut down my rig for the night.

I started my rig this morning, and got a blank screen, I tried repeatedly to boot to desktop. After one successful reboot to desktop, I managed to get DDU running before it'd freeze like everything else (similar as to what I'd reported in my previous post) and got to 'Safe Mode' to delete the $%#@ Preview driver. After rebooting, a new problem cropped up, I tried a couple of the previous drivers I had in my folder and they failed to run, so I can't install the driver (one of which is the 23.09.3).

I was once again forced to resort to 'System restore' to an earlier point, to even before installing the Preview driver. That took a good 1/2 hour of my life away, and now, I could install Adrenalin 23.09.3 driver with just one attempt. Now, I'm beginning to understand why there've been complaints about AMD drivers acting up, IF it weren't for my experience, patience and persistence in resolving this issue, I'd be pulling my hair out in frustration.

Gonna give ALL Preview drivers a pass and wait for the WHQL ones....I hope the mods here have directed my post to the driver team. This does not look good, though I do understand that this is a 'Preview' driver and thus is far from optimized. I can be reached here for further clarification and info.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
0 Likes