cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SBacon26
Adept I

New Adrenalin Driver getting black screen 7900 xtx asrock

I have a ASrock phantom gaming 7900 xtx with a 7800x3d and new adrenalin software gives me black screen, if anyone has the same issue and/or can help fix it lmk… otherwise I guess I’ll just rollback and wait. Thanks. 

2 Solutions
Farcuen
Adept III

Hi, @SBacon26.

Have you tried to do a Clean Install of the drivers?.

To do that download and use the AMD Cleanup Utility! (link to the guide and the download).

After you do that try to reinstall the driver, and if the issue persist I think you must rollback and try a new driver when come out.

Also if the issue still there, I think maybe is a bug, so follow this guide to know how report the issue to AMD developers.

Kind Regards,

Farcuen.

View solution in original post

Hi, @SBacon26.

You crashed on Call of Duty MW III? if yes do you know, welcome to the club.

I recently crashed a lot on CoD and I discover the issue is related to my new upgrade of the ram, where for some reason.

So, I had to reduced the Mhz of the RAM or CoD continue to crash (maybe this is not related to you but can let you have an Idea).

One things maybe is not the solution but a suggestion, tri to disable the Freesync of the monitor and restart the PC and check if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

Farcuen.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Riiun
Journeyman III

I've got the same issue with some games , especially 3d ones meanwhile 2d ones runs just fine, it crashes my game a few times..

And I got a rx 590 but still nonetheless it's the same driver (adrenalin driver).

My pc is also crashing when playing call of duty on the previous driver so I’m really concerned I could have something wrong configured in the bios but I haven’t proceeded my IT career enough to troubleshoot on my own that’s why I came here… very strange.

Farcuen
Adept III

Hi, @SBacon26.

Have you tried to do a Clean Install of the drivers?.

To do that download and use the AMD Cleanup Utility! (link to the guide and the download).

After you do that try to reinstall the driver, and if the issue persist I think you must rollback and try a new driver when come out.

Also if the issue still there, I think maybe is a bug, so follow this guide to know how report the issue to AMD developers.

Kind Regards,

Farcuen.

Hey Farcuen, 

appreciate the reply… I did rollback and am still having issues. I am going to tune my voltage for my cpu and check if that was the issue which very well could be. I believe it’s at -30 mv? I could be wrong. I will wait for new driver and already reported it using developer bug tool.

Hi, @SBacon26.

I am sad for you, because you still have the issue.

Anyway I hugely recommend to do the clean install of the driver with AMD Cleanup Utility, and restore all the overclocked or tuned things to the default if you had modified that through the BIOS.

Let me know,

Farcuen

It isn’t an issue with this current driver. I believe this is a separate issue. I will reset overclocking settings to default if it crashes again on CoD and let you know. I appreciate the help. 

Hi, @SBacon26.

You crashed on Call of Duty MW III? if yes do you know, welcome to the club.

I recently crashed a lot on CoD and I discover the issue is related to my new upgrade of the ram, where for some reason.

So, I had to reduced the Mhz of the RAM or CoD continue to crash (maybe this is not related to you but can let you have an Idea).

One things maybe is not the solution but a suggestion, tri to disable the Freesync of the monitor and restart the PC and check if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

Farcuen.

I’m not sure how you know that was my issue but I did just recently mess with my mhZ on memory I have 6000mhz but they tend to crash at times so reduced it to 5600 with xmp voltage and it hasn’t crashed once after increasing mV to -25 and changing my memory. Wild that that’s the same issue and yes mw3.

0 Likes

Hi, @SBacon26.

I do not had any crashes if I set the RAM to 4800mhz.

Maybe we discover a funny issue where for some reason, the new AMD driver or the latest CoD update, do not support the speed over 4800mhz.

It is hard to say, but I encountered the issue pretty much on CoD, for example if I play Diablo IV for a long time, with a EXPO of 5200mhz I do not encounter any issue.

But, with CoD I encountered this kind of issue:

• Game crash at launch.
  • Game crash after the introduction movie.
  • Game crash a certain point after a while.
  • The computer restart by itself.

I think honestly some recent update maybe of the game or maybe of the GPU do not support highest RAM speed.

Just try and let me know,

Farcuen

Dude exact issue, it just restart and didn’t give me any mini dump info on my program I use called who crashed, so thats why I went to forums I’m glad I ran into others with similar issues so I could tweak a few things. Honestly it’s weird how devs consistently mess with things like that. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or what, but rolling back fixed my display issues and changing mhz/mV fixed CoD crashing so I do appreciate the help. 

0 Likes
TheDropOut
Adept I

I have the same problem. I finally took my pc in today to have someone check it out. After 8 hours he said it was the new driver. He reinstalled windows and Bios did DDU then updated the driver and black screen. So I had an old 2060 laying around we put that in it so I can  at least use my pc until we get a new driver.   RX 6800 XT is the card I am having problems with.

Glad I’m not the only one having issues here. I’m glad I could rollback and still use my 7900 xtx. I would recommend uninstalling Adrenalin and reinstalling a driver which u can game at with ur card. If you’re unsure about how look up a quick YouTube tutorial. As long as you have a second card or integrated graphics so you can uninstall the current driver. 

tjyha02
Journeyman III

same gpu same issues, i have had it on previous driver version, even though less often.

Sorry to hear that man. Try one of the solutions I accepted. I already did the rollback to previous driver but clean install could help for you. I honestly haven’t tried it yet. 

0 Likes