cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

UnverifiedContact
Journeyman III

Need help with drivers... AMD Software is compatible or not?

After quite a long while of everything working very much just fine, a Windows update today seemingly broke my onboard graphics on my Lenovo T495 laptop.
This laptop has an AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 3700U with Radeon 10 Vega 10 graphics.

I'm at a dead end of sorts now which I'll detail below.
The first clue that something was wrong was that after the obligatory restart my external HDMI connected monitor was no longer recognized by Windows so now only the monitor works and there is no onboard acceleration. Task Manager shows no indication of the graphics at all.

Digging in to it, Device Manager shows "problems" with the graphics card:

vega1.png
 Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Prior to this, I let Windows Update handle grabbing all the drivers for me automatically but that doesn't seem to suffice anymore.

So I go off and I install Adrenalin Edition and let it run to install everything.

After the installation, I open the application and I get this message:

amd1.png

The version of AMD Software that you have launched is not compatible with your current installed AMD graphics driver.
For more information on how to resolve this, please go to:
https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/faqs/PA-300.html

The information on that page suggests using the Compatibility Tool... but when I download and run the Compatibility Tool, it disagrees and claims it is compatible:

amd2.png

The version of AMD Software installed is already a compatible version. Please check if the AMD Display Driver is working correctly.

Not having a great day on this one it seems... Any ideas?

0 Likes
0 Replies