cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

22LowRiderS
Journeyman III

NEED DRIVER HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought a new (new to me) pc and my tv is a little on the older side, in its current state the edges of the screen are cut off, when I install the new amd drivers it fixes it and fits everything to the screen but it makes the audio through the HDMI not work and it doesn't even recognize the tv via the HDMI as an audio output, and it make my game run REALLY slow and really laggy. As stated first in its current state EVERYTHING works just the display is larger than my tv, no I cannot scale it down anymore, no I cant change the resolution to make it fit either, the driver install is the only thing I can do to get the display to fit the screen properly but it makes my audio not work!!!! specs are AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
breadmon
Journeyman III

As for the picture try the TV settings. Most of the time it's the TV that's stretching the picture a little too much.

As for the audio I'd check your audio settings on your PC, sometimes it won't switch over for no reason. Make sure you're using a quality HDMI as well. I don't know if that's the problem but it never hurts.

When in doubt, turn it off and on again

Nope, did all that, its not the tv settings went through all of them and still cant get it fit. And the audio problem is only an issue when i install the amd driver update to get it to fit the screen

0 Likes

When you install the drivers have you checked Adrenalin for a feature called GPU scaling? I have that enabled on my multimedia PC and it has a slider for HDMI scaling.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes