cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Daniel_DC
Journeyman III

Mystery of incompatibility

I get in touch through an indication of a friend, because I've been facing a problem for a few months that I can't solve and neither can the technicians I took my pc to.

I bought a gaming pc in 2020 and in May of this year I have a problem that is being a big mystery.

Some sort of incompatibility is happening between my RX 570 video card, with what appears to be the processor - amd athlon 3000g.

One day, for no reason, when I restarted the pc the screen simply went black.

I tried to fix it myself and I couldn't and I took it to technicians here in the west of SP / Brazil and no one was able to fix or discover the problem.

What I was told is that there was some kind of video card incompatibility with the processor, so I would like to fix this problem or some kind of specific driver I should use, but this has never been a problem over the years.

Since the video card and processor have been tested and are ok, as well as the RAM and the motherboard.

I'm using my processor's onboard card and I've been saving my video card ever since.

The problem is that I can't play most games, I even bought fifa 23 and unfortunately I can't play.

If you can help me in this situation I will be very happy, I'm unemployed and I've barely left the house so the pc has been my source of distraction.

If you can help me I will be extremely grateful and happy.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Check if your TDR value is set too low .Also make sure your RAM compatibility especially if it's a AMD CPU. Black screen is caused when GPU driver crashes or if GPU gets out of VRAM. Make sure all the connections are secure to the card. You can also re-install the video drivers. I would use the program DDU. for a clean removal of the old drivers.

Besides what was mentioned by the other User, when you install the RX570 GPU card, BIOS automatically should switch over to the RX570 as the Main Display Adapter and not the APU Integrated Graphics.

Install the RX570 and IF you can enter BIOS check to make sure it is set for the RX570 GPU card. If you have no video output at all when you boot up. Then try installing the RX570 in a different compatible PCIe Slot on your motherboard.  If that doesn't work then I would install your RX570 in another PC (Family or Friend's PC) and see if you get video output. If you do then that means their is something wrong with your PC itself.

If your PSU is going bad and not outputting proper voltages could cause you problems. I would download OCCT and run the PSU Test. Check for overheating and especially your PSU Outputs of 12/5/3.3 Vdc. All should be within -/+5 Percent of each voltage output. Especially your 12 Vdc output.

EDIT: might sound silly but when you have your RX570 installed make sure you switch your monitor's cable from the motherboard to the GPU Card. Otherwise you won't no video outputs.

Daniel_DC
Journeyman III

Thank you guys.

Is that right? unsupported?

Daniel_DC_1-1664883404001.png

0 Likes

Here is AMD explanation for error 182: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb182