cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TomP86
Journeyman III

My Radeon RX 570 does not seem to be compatible with my computer but I cant figure out why

Hi all. Im having a bit of trouble here. I purchased my card on ebay and I am not sure if I have bought a faulty card or the card is not compatible with my main board. The process I used to install the drivers was using the 'amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.3-minimalsetup-230926_web' installer file. The software seemed to detect by graphics card without problem durring the installation process however, after I reboot I get some errors showing up (as per the screenshots below)

TomP86_0-1697966167573.png

TomP86_1-1697966357574.png

1.jpg

0.jpg

 My mainboard

I have 12GB of RAM installed, 64-bit version of Windows 10, 550W power supply, I have attached an 8pin PCIE power cable into the card (but not the 6pin as it does not seem to be required as a minimum spec)

TomP86_2-1697967325377.png

My mainboard is the Gigabyte H61M-S2PV (as pictured below). If anyone has any information that could help me, it would be much appreciated! Tom P

TomP86_3-1697967403182.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi. To get it to work I had to install 'atikmdag-patcher-1.4.14' then reboot. It seems I had to remove the pixel clock limits for my particular setup. Perhaps the issue is my monitor is a piece of **bleep** (too outdated) The best resolution I can get is 1366 x 768.  Good question about the card. I probably shouldn't have bought it. I just wanted to be able to play games on an older PC.  I probably should have just got a new gaming PC in hindsight.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petosiris
Miniboss

The Adrenalin version 23.9.2 should work with RX 570 and Windows 10, according to AMD support, but I'd download it again from the link here and try installing again.  Connect all required power cables.  It's also possible you have got a bad card.

Why did you buy a used six year old graphic card anyway?

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
0 Likes

Hi. To get it to work I had to install 'atikmdag-patcher-1.4.14' then reboot. It seems I had to remove the pixel clock limits for my particular setup. Perhaps the issue is my monitor is a piece of **bleep** (too outdated) The best resolution I can get is 1366 x 768.  Good question about the card. I probably shouldn't have bought it. I just wanted to be able to play games on an older PC.  I probably should have just got a new gaming PC in hindsight.

petosiris
Miniboss

Glad you got it fixed. 

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
0 Likes

I will try that patcher.

BTW the card worked on this machine with two different win 10's plugged in (separately)

I posted this in new thread:

Help. Legacy RX 570 driver

Help Guys.

My grand kids are coming and I put my old FSX HD in this PC. Windows 10..

The RX 570 driver works with two other separate HD when they are plugged in; however, the drivers  will not load now.UG ?

I just put this RX570 in this machine a few months ago for two different simulators. They are too hard for kids, 

I need the RX 570 to run three monitors.

I am not a PC guru, but it seems to me if the card works with this machine on each of the other HD's it should this time.

Dave

I went back to the older driver - hoping but got the same error.

Old card for old guy on a budget

0 Likes

0 Likes