cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Leptronium
Journeyman III

My HP Victus 15's RX 6500M has a problem (Dx Diag. graphics device driver error code 31)

i recently downloaded cs2 and got 50-60 frames (estimated with my eye) on the main menu. I also noticed my adrenaline software had not booted up for the past few days. 

errror message: 

Screenshot 2024-07-07 201839.png

I searched for this and got forum about me having to use a DDU to refresh it. i created a restore point, but not yet used it. I am not that confident about this so i am looking for possible alternatives.

Also hers the omen specs 

MODEL
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fb0xxx
SERIAL NUMBER
5CD3483QBK
OPERATING SYSTEM
Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language
- Release ID: 2009
- Version: 10.0.22631
- Build: 22631
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics
- Clock speed: 3301MHz
- Description: AMD64 Family 25 Model 80 Stepping 0
GPU
AMD Radeon(TM) RX 6500M
- Driver version: 31.0.12002.7004
AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- Driver version: 31.0.21910.8001
RAM
M471A5244GB0-CWE
- Capacity: 4GB
- Type: DDR4
- Default clock speed: 3200MHz
M471A5244GB0-CWE
- Capacity: 4GB
- Type: DDR4
- Default clock speed: 3200MHz
AUDIO
AMD Streaming Audio Device
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
AMD Audio Device

Before i used the auto detect tool, which gave this error

Leptronium_0-1720366287408.png

what should i Do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
sat474
Journeyman III

Sometimes the driver software can become conflicted, this can usually be resolved with a clean or factory reset driver install.

You can accomplish this by navigating to the driver install folder (Usually C:\AMD) or by downloading the latest driver software here.

1. Once you have launched the driver install you will want to select the 'Factory Reset' option as seen below.
  2. From here you can proceed through the driver install as normal. Please note your system may restart several times in order to fully complete the driver installation.

AMD_CleanInstall_EN.png

Satish Sundarraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sat474
Journeyman III

Sometimes the driver software can become conflicted, this can usually be resolved with a clean or factory reset driver install.

You can accomplish this by navigating to the driver install folder (Usually C:\AMD) or by downloading the latest driver software here.

1. Once you have launched the driver install you will want to select the 'Factory Reset' option as seen below.
  2. From here you can proceed through the driver install as normal. Please note your system may restart several times in order to fully complete the driver installation.

AMD_CleanInstall_EN.png

Satish Sundarraj

Thanks!

0 Likes