cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

originalorazzal
Journeyman III

My HD8970M all of a sudden stopped working and I get this error: windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43) radeon, please help

I have tried DDU, and nothing I tried updating and nothing. From one sec. to another the card just stopped its an Alienware.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Alienware 17M Laptop

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

16.0 GB

AMD Radeon HD8970M (Driver Version 26.20.1500261) DriverDate 12/4/2019

win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-19.12.2-dec12

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

Bit Depth: 8-Bit

16GB RAM

0 Likes

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

If you have any problems after installing the new drivers, use the Clean Install method.

0 Likes
originalorazzal
Journeyman III

I did a clean install now I'm trying to find the Bios to flash the gpu I don't understand what happen. It has the latest drivers. I have used DDU, I deleted all I the AMD folder of old drivers for a clean install. Here are the specs once more:

Alienware 17M Laptop
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
16.0 GB
AMD Radeon HD8970M (Driver Version 26.20.1500261) Driver Date 12/4/2019
Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-edition-19.12.2-dec12
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
Bit Depth: 8-Bit

Notice the driver date It's the latest. I cant roll back the option is greyed out.

I can only think of flashing the bios. I also just did a windows update just incase. I'm in the hospital with cancer the laptop is my only form of entertainment. Please help me. I will not flash until I see your reply. Also when I go to techpower to look for the bios for the gpu its not there. The name of this card was changed a while back after a update from the 290x to the HD8970M I don't know if that will help. Thank you for your help and sorry for the bother. (If you need anymore info please let me know where to get it and I will send it.)

0 Likes

You go to the laptop manufacturer for bios updates Knowledge Base | Dell US 

You can use the drivers furnished by Dell....you don't need the latest/greatest drivers from AMD.

0 Likes