cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Jaeger069420
Journeyman III

my AMD software wont open so i can update my drivers

OK so i can not get my AMD software to update because after downloading the drivers, my laptop does not recognize the link with the GPU. What am i to do?

0 Likes
3 Replies

What AMD processor and/or graphics card model do you have?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

probably windows update did his windows thing ( it happened to me more than once ) and updated the display driver for somes stupid reason and amd software stops working, you just need to download the correct drivers for your laptop and do a factory install or use DDU to remove all the previous drivers, install the new ones and you will be ok again, this is until windows decides to change them again

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Guys, everyone here who buys a 3rd party gpu (of any brand) absolutely needs to do this when you build your PC and install windows. END OF STORY.  This will solve most driver related issues. (along with using DDU the first time you upgrade your gpu)

https://pureinfotech.com/stop-windows-10-installing-drivers-automatically/ 

And @Roman5828 your instructions are outdated, the drivers don't currently support Clean Install.

0 Likes