cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tobi_007
Adept I

My AMD Software Keeps looking for Updates (And Uninstalling By Itself)

I have this laptop 
HP Pavilion Gaming 15
RTX 3050
AMD Ryzen 5 5600h

I am a student that deals a lot with video editing. The thing is that I don't have an HDR screen, but I did have a unique setting for my display using the AMD Software, but it keeps asking for downloads, although I do have access to an Intel i7 laptop with HDR screen. I kindly request a way to auto-update this kind of software, since I do not even know what the updates are for, nor the reason as to why it doesn't have an "Auto-Update Feature." I used to edit here, but because of when I try to change my screen display color vibrancy, I am greeted with "Please install an AMD driver" when I have downloaded again and again and again.

Is there an actual way for this software to update by itself?
Is there a way to cut off its access to the network so it doesn't even get the chance to know if there is an update?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

If you are running windows home look up how to use a Registry Editor to block windows from updating my AMD drivers/software

If running windows pro look up a group policy editor to do the same.

MDTech on YouTube has great short and simple DIY videos on how to do this.

Also be careful with the Auto Detect and update software advisors they could be malware.

Only download AMD drivers and software from AMD.com. 

This is a little puzzling as your CPU is AMD and not an APU you should not get AMD display driver update notifications.

Noting that your onboard GPU is an RTX 3050 that is Invidia.

Go to AMD to update your CPU chipset driver and go to Invidia.com or HP/support.com would be best to update all your laptop software and drivers.

Go to the site manually do not click reminder links to ensure security and avoid malware.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What driver is currently installed, post a pic from device manager of amd display adaptor driver.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

If you are running windows home look up how to use a Registry Editor to block windows from updating my AMD drivers/software

If running windows pro look up a group policy editor to do the same.

MDTech on YouTube has great short and simple DIY videos on how to do this.

Also be careful with the Auto Detect and update software advisors they could be malware.

Only download AMD drivers and software from AMD.com. 

This is a little puzzling as your CPU is AMD and not an APU you should not get AMD display driver update notifications.

Noting that your onboard GPU is an RTX 3050 that is Invidia.

Go to AMD to update your CPU chipset driver and go to Invidia.com or HP/support.com would be best to update all your laptop software and drivers.

Go to the site manually do not click reminder links to ensure security and avoid malware.

About this, I had done the "looking for the official AMD software and downloading it" however not blocking updates. Thank you for the answer, I will try that and I will accept it as a solution if it works. Thank you again for answering.

I am more pleased that your issue was solved and you did it on your own.

The great thing is you have learned about some valuable tools in maintaining your PC.

Always happy to help. Like a bit of old wisdom "Give someone a fish feed them for a day teach someone to fish and feed them for life".

For the record my comment is not a religious one just a truth that fits the context of this thread.

0 Likes