Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sowrin_paul
Adept I

MW2 Crash

Hello, 

My COD MW2 crashes continuously after the season 3 update. I'm using amd ryzen 5 5600g. Can anyone help?

sowrin_paul_0-1681408280647.png

13 Replies
JebTheDead
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact issue too, I've tried uninstalling cod and re-installing and updating drivers and nothing is fixing it.

Gaz936
Adept II

I have been having the same issues. They were worse before I updated my drivers though. What did seem to help was reinstalling DirectX and Runtime C++, both of which can be found on the MS website.

Also, make sure you look in Event Viewer and see if there is something else in the background casing it. I also had to make sure I was using Administrator mode in the Launcher exe.

Had the exact same - AMD Ryzen 7 5700 set up...was all good until season 3 update, now upon launch when its loading player stats it crashes with a DirectX error message....literally reinstalled everything all the way down to windows 2 times to make sure it wasnt me....needs to get fixed somehow

salamoXso
Journeyman III

Same Issue Here ,i'm using Ryzen 5 5600g , and after the season 3 update i get the same propblem over and over, please if anyone finds a solution post it

WelsyMC
Journeyman III

Exact same problem with Ryzen 5 3600 & Vega 56. The game hang and crash while syncing for statistics / checking for updates sometimes...
I never crashed, it started to happen when i did the update for the season 3.

Error DX6068 too !

skoddy84
Adept I

Hey have you tries to copy&paste the error code and search it?

I think everyone has tried that. It's an error with Activision coding in the new season 3 update, anyone with certain Vega graphics hasn't been able to boot in. But Activision isn't doing anything about it and and amd isn't doing anything about it. I've been on multiple threads, YouTube creators, twitch streamers and a whole lot more trying to get people to get word out and get this stirred up so they actually do something about it instead of acting like nothing is going on. 

Gaz936
Adept II

So, mine has now taken to crashing as soon as l enter a game for the first time. I then get the DirectX error code below. Without doing anything, l go back into game and then it doesn’t occur again and can happily play for hours. Go figure 🤷‍

IMG_4999.jpeg

i had the same issue with this same error above. Installing Win 11 from Win 10 does not makes better.

Zyv
Adept II

Same here, AMD find us a solution please!

2023-04-12 19_07_28-Call of Duty® HQ - Absturzassistent.png

The same issue what i have , with this error

FooFoo
Journeyman III

Even after the most recent AMD Driver update 23.4.2 and the MW2 update I'm still crashing on launch with the DirectX fail (I think this is almost 2 weeks after S03 at this point). Reinstalled the game, etc. 

Unlike most of you I'm using the Radeon VII, but the same issue also is affecting this card. I wasn't having any crashing in S01 or S02.

Thanks for the posts. This is something we and the developer are aware of and are investigaing. I will post updates as they become available regarding the status of the issue in the existing discussion. Please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/warzone2-season3-error-directx-help/td-p/600364/page/1...