cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Maxpayne53
Adept I

Msi 670e mainboard and Ryzen 9 7900x cpu Removable Device Problem

My kingston Nvme Ssd seems removable device.My motherboard and all other drivers are up to date. I am using windows 10. Windows is up to date. What can we do? Are we waiting for amd to release drivers?

I was using the same ssd with X470 GAMING M7 AC motherboard and Amd Ryzen 7 2700x without any problem.

SSD:

Kingston A2000 Sa2000M8/1000G Ssd 1 Tb Nvme Pcıe M.2 2280
0 Likes
5 Replies

According to the definition of a "Removable Device" is any device that can be removed while the system is running. so your SSD shouldn't be tagged as a removable device.

Their are several MSI 670e Mobos. which Model do you have?

Have you checked to see if that SSD is compatible with the X670e motherboard?

According to PCPARTPICKER Website these are the only 3 MSI X670e Motherboards that are compatible with your Kingston SSD:

Screenshot 2022-11-16 175131.png

Check your Motherboard's MSI QVL List for Devices and see if your SSD is listed or go to Kingston and find out if it is compatible with the X670e Motherboards.

Does the SSD work normally except it is shown as a removable device?

I have Msi Mpg x670e Carbon Wifi Motherboard. It seems that my motherboard supports the 500gb version of the same model ssd. My ssd is 1tb. Msi.jpg

The ssd works perfectly. There is no problem, but it appears as a removable device like a usb flash in the system. It looks like the picture below.

asd.jpg

If it is working fine then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Have you tried to update your Mobo BIOS to the latest version. I noticed there is a new BIOS from 10/11/2022 version 7D70v12 :

Description:
- AGESA ComboPI 1.0.0.3 Patch A update.

Also in BIOS see if you can change the PCIe M.2 Settings to run your M.2 as a Gen3 instead of Gen 4.

Plus update your X670e CHIP Set drivers.

But I would open a MSI Support ticket and find out if that is normal for the AM5 Motherboards.

I didnt worry too much too.

I wanted to know if there is a solution. I updated the bios. Chipset drivers are also up to date. I'll look into the motherboard's bios a bit more. Maybe updates will fix the problem in the future.

Thanks for trying to help me.

I would still contact and open a MSI Support ticket to see if they are aware of the discrepancy.

Maybe they will fix the issue in a future BIOS update if they are not aware of the problem.

By the way, be careful not to cause Windows to eject your SSD by clicking Remove Device otherwise your PC won't work.