cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

VBSA
Journeyman III

Monitor loses signal while (mostly) playing games ("Radeon Settings: CPU Metrics Server" errors)

Hi, suddenly my monitor is losing signal whenever I play games (not all games, cpu demanded games like lol,valorant doesnt cause this often. But sometimes its happening. But i have no luck with gpu demanding games like battlefield etc.). Just the monitor goes off, I can still hear my friends talking on discord but they cant hear me.

But it not just the games.
Today i try to use photoshop and my screen goes black (had to restart)
Yesterday i try to use web cam filters and my screen goes black again. (had to restart)

Weird thing is %90 of the time when i had to restart GPU drivers doesnt respond. Had to reinstall drivers everytime.

I tried different drivers but that didnt work. but maybe i just didnt try the perfect driver.

the drivers i tried;

20.11.2 , 20.7.2 , 21.8.1 ,21.8.2 and the latest 4 driver

when i look at the Reliability History its full of "Radeon Settings: CPU Metrics Server" errors and and they all happened while the connection with the monitor was gone. I tried the google to fix this problem but i couldnt find anything.

My PC:
Ryzen 5 3600x
ASRock Phantom gaming 5700XT OC
ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0 motherboard
8GB 3200 MHz ram x2
XPG Core Reactor 850w

Note: I used to have 600w PSU but i noticed recomended watt for my GPU is 700w. So i bought a new one.

When i use 600w it was giving me wattman errors/black screen (no signal) all the time. Right now i dont get wattman errors but still i have black screen/no signal errors

0 Likes
4 Replies
crenshaw1979
Adept II

In the RADEON drivers, look for feature called "Enhanced Sync", if that feature is turned on, it's likely the source of your black screen problem.  If it's already off, then you have a unique problem?  

Consider changing your HDMI or DisplayPort cable if "Enhanced Sync" is off... 

Good luck

0 Likes

I tried to disable "Enhanced Sync" like a 2 month ago. It didnt work. But i didnt turn it on tho. its still disabled.

Some people suggested maximise the power limit to +%50. Basicly increase his "watt reserve". (some people saying 5700XT cpu watt usage can spike sometimes and thats causing the crash)

if its that doesnt work i will switch to hdmi to test it out. Thank you

0 Likes

I am having the exact same problem on a 5600XT.  Were you able to find a solution? Nothing I have tried has worked.

0 Likes

Download and run Prime95 on all cores for 24 hours.  If you get zero errors then the problem is most likely not your CPU. If you get any errors on a core, then one of the cores in your CPU has failed. If the test passes after 24 hours, the problem is your PSU, GPU, RAM or MOBO.

0 Likes