cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lucasrbez
Journeyman III

Memory integrity disabled. Your device may be vulnerable.

Hello! I built my gaming PC a few days ago and installed Windows 11. Recently there was a Windows update to version 22H2 and I noticed that my Windows Defender is showing the message "Memory integrity is disabled. Your device may be vulnerable. The incompatible driver is AMD's atikmpag.sys. Thank you if you can help me solve this case.

imagem_2023-08-20_132646360.png

0 Likes
10 Replies
tenzo23
Elite

http://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/hardware-security/enable-virtualization-based-prot... 

"Windows Security

Memory integrity can be turned on in Windows Security settings and found at Windows Security > Device security > Core isolation details > Memory integrity. For more information, see Device protection in Windows Security.

Beginning with Windows 11 22H2, Windows Security shows a warning if memory integrity is turned off. The warning indicator also appears on the Windows Security icon in the Windows Taskbar and in the Windows Notification Center. The user can dismiss the warning from within Windows Security.

To proactively dismiss the memory integrity warning, you can set the Hardware_HVCI_Off (DWORD) registry value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Security Health\State to 0. After you change the registry value, you must restart the device for the change to take effect."

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes

It says "Resolve driver incompatibilities and try again".

0 Likes

Use AMD Cleanup Utility then install the latest Chipset drivers https://www.amd.com/en/support

and enable SVM mode in BIOS.

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes

Well, I did it but it didn't work. Thank you for trying to help me.

0 Likes

Unfortunately the registry entry suggested doesn't work (at least on Windows 11) - in fact any key created at this location gets wiped. I also can't find this registry key mentioned anywhere else on the net?

We could really use a registry dismissal of the Windows 11 notification - I've been unable to track down where the manual 'dismiss' action affects the registry but it appears to be buried within some long hex strings. If anyone can provide a working registry key that'd be awesome.

0 Likes

@lucasrbez 

What graphics card model do you have?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

RTX 3060 12GB

0 Likes

Shouldn't be any AMD driver, unless you have AMD processor with graphics (what model?)

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

My processor is a Ryzen 5 5600 without graphics.

0 Likes

I ran a file search (including hidden) of my system, the file does not exist.

That driver is not related to the processor, it was a very old driver for early HD series graphics cards.

Run a file search of each hard drive and delete it.

0 Likes