Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flapk1337
Adept I

Massive input delay in all DirectX apps

Here's quick showcase of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNew6wRhk9M

This issue applies to all DirectX (9,10,11, probably 8 and 12) apps, games etc (even apps like hudsight and msi afterburner). The issue does not affect apps that use Vulkan renderer although. The issue seen in the video actually affects the mouse (or maybe keyboard itself) movement in-game, so its not just a console window bug. When i uncap fps to 300 the issue fixes itself, but before upgrading i was able to play with 60fps cap without this weird delay.

The issue first showed up when I decided to upgrade from Windows 10 LTSC 21H2 to Windows 11 22H2 (ReviOS 11, if it makes it anything more clear), also tried to test windows 10 22H2, the issue is still there. I don't really want to downgrade again, so I wanna try to search for any solutions

My setup: 

Ryzen 5 1600AF, RX470, B450M DS3H-CF

Which things I tried:

I was messing with every option there is in AMD Adrenalin, specifically with vsync, anti-lag and fps limiters

Disabled HPET, switched to TSC timer resolution (HPET in BIOS is still on)

Updated BIOS to latest version with AGESA 1.2.0.8

Of course the GPU driver version is latest (for now)

Secure Boot is off (this may be an issue but im not sure)

Maybe some of you guys is familiar with such issue and could help me out...

1 Solution
flapk1337
Adept I

the issue turned out to be the tf2 fps limiter. set it to 0 and use other framerate limiters like in RTSS. applies to all source games

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

3rd party modified OS?

Doubt anyone here can (or will?) help with that.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Anonymous
Not applicable

DX11 and 9 input delay and long load /boot times can be caused by incorrect secondary memory timings or HDD controller issues or RAID and RAID drivers.

TKCE is the place you look last. TFAW and CAS being set too low or your S/L timings and values and TREF and so on may be incorrect. Particularly the S/L timings for the storage bus if set too low to 2 which it SHOULD work at for almost all drives.. it will be suuuuper slow. they stop that **bleep** from working in the bios. It will want like for audio latency and GPU output latency 9 or 3 and it wont let u go lower than 4 for the audio like 4/5 under TREF on my board then theres the .. well play with it and fiddle with it for yourself. Try installing all the AMD chipset drivers correctly and run/install each one in the extracted AMD directory once installer finishes. You may also have something like defrag or task schedular or scheduled tasks.

try with XMP disabled and NEVER overclock that isnt an AMD PBO or something u toggle on with a single button. use your adrenaline drivers correctly and UNINSTALL and delete from windows all the ryzen master.

0 Likes

I didn't change any HDD nor SSD settings, also did not overclock/change timings on anything

Didn't use RAID thing

Just tried updating chipset driver, didn't help

I did reset all BIOS settings, no effect

Can't defrag an SSD drive, pointless

Will try disabling XMP and SMT

Don't have that much scheduled tasks, only discord and 2 amd things

Also, mind giving abbreviations on all these TKCE TFAW CAS stuff?

Anything else you could suggest?

0 Likes
flapk1337
Adept I

i dont get half of thing you said, but i will do research and try reinstalling chipset drivers as you said

and no, i did not overclock anything

0 Likes

Issue may be related to Windows MPO, you can try to disable it. But it's not a good solution as some ppl said. I think even video stuttering in browser is related to MPO. 

0 Likes

was actually a good point, but no, disabling it did not fix it

0 Likes
flapk1337
Adept I

After switching to 10 LTSC the problem was not solved, but it gradually reduced the delay

0 Likes
flapk1337
Adept I

the issue turned out to be the tf2 fps limiter. set it to 0 and use other framerate limiters like in RTSS. applies to all source games

0 Likes