cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hane
Journeyman III

Loss of display signal from GPU when installing Ryzen 5700g drivers

Hello, I have a Ryzen 5700g with a Radeon HD 5770 just so I can output to 2 monitors. But Adrenalin video drivers step on Catalyst drivers, and when I install them the display connected to the gpu just turns black. If I only install the gpu's drivers then I can't run any 3d software since I use the onboard graphics as the main. I can only have one monitor working properly at a time. Is there a workaround for situations like this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Does your motherboard not have 2 display outputs? Can you use an adapter?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
hane
Journeyman III

That's how I used it at first but after 2 adapters broke I decided to get a GPU. I don't wanna deal with display adapters any more.

0 Likes
432hz
Adept II

Have you tried uninstalling your current drivers with DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility then installing one at a time?

Have you tried DDU / ACU then installing Adrenaline first and Catalyst 2nd and vice-versa?

Does Catalyst offer an option to install "drivers-only"? Maybe this option would avoid conflicts.

Have you tried installing Adrenalin for the 5700g and just letting Windows install the driver for the HD 5770? Since it's "just for a 2nd monitor", maybe this would be a viable solution.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes
hane
Journeyman III

@432hz wrote:

Have you tried uninstalling your current drivers with DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility then installing one at a time?

I uninstalled with Bulk Crap Uninstaller that does a deep enough job out of it.

Have you tried DDU / ACU then installing Adrenaline first and Catalyst 2nd and vice-versa?

Installing Catalyst first and Adrenaline second makes the display with Catalyst lose image.

Installing Adrenaline first and Catalyst second does nothing because it's a lower display driver version (shows grey in the installer as if it's already installed)

Does Catalyst offer an option to install "drivers-only"? Maybe this option would avoid conflicts.

Kind of, and tried everything in the installer, also changing installing directory for each software.

Have you tried installing Adrenalin for the 5700g and just letting Windows install the driver for the HD 5770? Since it's "just for a 2nd monitor", maybe this would be a viable solution.

Doing that doesn't make the second monitor that usable. Limited to 1024xSomething resolution with big black bars at the sides, and not really readable. Windows doesn't get a proper generic driver or something.

Maybe it's something to be done software side from AMD.

0 Likes

DDU / ACU might be worth a shot -- nothing to lose.

Two other things I forgot:

• Try the AMD Driver Auto-Detect tool
  • Try driver-only install for both

Certainly seems like it's an issue on AMD's side.

0 Likes
hane
Journeyman III

Tried DDU / ACU and nothing different happened, same result.

Auto Detect installs the same Adrenaline I downloaded from the 5700g's driver page.

Also driver only for both only lets 1 of them get installed, checked with HWInfo and they both show using v15 of the driver when installing Catalyst, and v31 when installing Adrenaline.

HWiNFO64_VHtDMcRyWo.png

So indeed seems like Adrenaline has to add support to this gpu. Or maybe it's EOL and I need to forget about it.

0 Likes

That is unfortunate.

You should open a bug report with AMD using the Adrenalin software.

I'm not hopeful they'll release a fix for an older card like this any time soon. It might be best to get a different card for the time being.

0 Likes