cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

luky98
Newcomer

Lenovo 330s Ryzen 3 2200u Restart Issue 19.2.3

Hello I have experienced a problem with amd 19.2.3 driver. My device after installing drivers from amd cant restart anymore. When I try to restart my screen goes all black and only solution is to turn off my laptop. Sleep function also isnt working. In device manager I can see that amd PSP driver is not working properly. I tried to download older drivers from OEM's and it worked. But there is a huge perfomance hit in games... Please fix this or give me a solution thank you I have been waiting too long fort this official driver from amd.

SPECS:  Lenovo 330s 15ARR

Ryzen 3 2200u Vega 3 

8GB ram

Win10

0 Likes
13 Replies

Multiple posts...........

0 Likes
jagon
Adept I

I have similar issues, with an Aspire 3 (same 2200U), my system instantly crashes after hitting shut down, every time since I updated the drivers. The performance gain is big though, as far as I tested...

Where to report this? I cannot find an official surface for that...

The community should solved our problems? If so, it is a bit funny...

0 Likes
saran
Adept II

hi luky98,

I think you did 19.2.3 clean install.

Clean install will remove some chipset driver, so download and install chipset driver from amd official site.

AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD 

Download driver from above link and install it, this may solve your problem

pastedImage_2.png

This is complete chipset driver (includes PSP, SMBUS,..) for Ryzen laptop.

After clean installation of the 19.2.3 driver, install this chipset driver.

pastedImage_2.png

I've tried this before and it didnt solve my problem. 

0 Likes

Can you explain what happening exactly after 19.2.3 driver install.

1.  which method you installed (accep and express or accept and custom)?

2. need screenshot after old driver install and new driver install

0 Likes
deufo
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, but on a 2400g. had the same issue with 19.1.1 so had to go back to 18.10, today I installed the new version hoping the problem would be solved but I guess is not.

0 Likes

Can you explain what you did exactly( steps to reproduce this issue).

And give me the screenshot of device manager after new driver install. 

Observed any yellow bang after driver install? 

Need laptop make and model info and os version.

0 Likes

Mmm.. I mean the steps to reproduce this issue, are to install any 2019 adrenaline driver 19.1.1/19.2.3 (19.2.2 doesn't have support for the 2400g... and everything works fine (0 bsod, good fps, good everything) except the restart/shut down, my screen freezes and the only thing left is to shut it down with the power button, after it starts again I get an error that wattman has recovered for something (don't have that version installed right now, and don't remember what it says, also can't give you a screenshot of device manager because of this).

My specs:   Ryzen 5 2400g

2x4gb Ram @3133mhz

Gpu Vega 11 @1525mhz

Win 10 LTSB 1607

Radeon Software Version 18.10.1

0 Likes

hi deufo,

Luky98 found some solution for that try same scenario may help to solve your issue. 

0 Likes
luky98
Newcomer

This happens only if I install sound drivers and hdmi sound. I have discovered that only installing the displey drivers solved my problem half way . Now only sleep function isnt working but I can finally restart my device.

0 Likes
luky98
Newcomer

Quick update. I wasnt correct. Now it seems everything is ok. Sleep function and restart is now working okay. I did not installed sound drivers.

How did you resolve this issue?

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

wait wait,,how did you get higher frequency ram installed into a laptop?it is a laptop right?I am dying to find out if I can up the ram I have too 3000mhz in my laptop but don't know what to do...asus forums has no good news about my specific model.....

ROG Strix GL702ZC

I have tried and posted and discussed with both ASUS and other sites about the issue..but I am not comfortable with modifying my bios...to do the ram upping...I want to know when there will be support for the bios microcode and the Motherboard B350 support and Chipset driver support...?????

0 Likes