cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Latest drivers causing flickering

Hello,

Upon recently upgrading to the latest AMD Adrenaline drivers for my Radeon RX 5700XT, I now find that my screen starts flickering (whether Im using an app or just on the Windows 11 desktop).

I was originally running the Adrenaline drivers, so I tried uninstalling them and installing the PRO drivers instead. Things were fine for a little while, but now the flickering has returned (happening as I write this).  In addition, I even have issues watching YouTube clips at full-screen - I get repeated freezing, and sometimes the drivers crash and I'm presented with the AMD Bug Report window (I've submitted almost a dozen of the same bug reports so far).

This did NOT happen before I updated my Adrenaline drivers to the latest (or second latest) update.  I am currently using the PRO edition drivers v 23.Q3.1.

Can anyone help?  Thanks!

5 Replies
Echfy
Journeyman III

fr my pc cant stop blinking amd needs to fix this

My problem is that it comes and goes.  Sometimes I think it has resolved itself and then it spontaneously returns.  And when my screen is flickering it's basically impossible to use professional apps like Photoshop or Lightroom Classic for my work....I can't be restarting my computer every once in a while just to have a stable display!

0 Likes

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling with the AMD Cleaning Utility and reinstalling the most recent version of my drivers - still can't full-screen a YouTube video without everything freezing for a minute, then returning with screen flicker both in and out of apps.

Getting REALLY tired of not being able to work effectively.  Have no choice but to try an older version of the drivers...

0 Likes

UPDATE: for anyone who is experiencing my issues (hanging/freezing and/or bug report crashes when full-screening YouTube videos accompanied by flickering both in apps and on Windows 11 desktop), I just reverted to v23.8.1 of the Adrenalin drivers (using the Cleaning Tool to wipe my previous version) and everything seems to have cleared up.

I don't even know if AMD people read these forums, but this is definitely a driver issue!

i hAVE THE SAME PROBLEM NOWADAYS , HAVE YOU REPAIRED IT?

0 Likes