cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MrMafoo
Adept II

Last straw

Look AMD, I have tried to support you, done everything I could to make my 7900XT the card to own, however this latest of many issues makes my blood boil...

I work from home and MS teams is VERY important to me. It is a mission critical piece of software for me to keep my job. Your March driver killed it. I could either revert back to last years driver, or use the classic teams and disable GPU acceleration. It took me hours to figure out that last part out, but at least it worked. Now in the latest drivers, you call out that this issue is fixed, however not only is it NOT fixed, and has impacted my job, but the work around no longer works, and I can not share my desktop on any version of Teams, with any settings.

So, I going back to last years drivers (and hope it works), putting this card on Facebook Marketplace, and finding something from Nvidia. This is just ridiculous.

3 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

How much for your 7900xt? ..what make is it? Do you ship?!

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
MrMafoo
Adept II

So... my apologies...

Before I went out to buy a new video card, I wanted to 100% make sure my issues were not hardware-related (I had more than I mentioned in this post), so I reinstalled a fresh version of Windows, installed the latest drivers, and everything has been working perfectly. Not sure what made it on my PC over the last 2 and a half years (also going from Nvidia to AMD), but something was corrupted, and a fresh install sorted it out. I had used DDU to uninstall previous drivers, and that still had not solved the issue.

So, sorry AMD, not your fault. Keeping the card, and in the future, when I buy major hardware, I will reinstall the OS.

On a side note, with so many cloud services now (OneDrive, Steam, my dev tools, etc), reinstalling the OS, and having everything back up and running is surprisingly fast.

Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for posting a follow-up!

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT