Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DetectiveSunshine
Journeyman III

Lag spikes when walking in games on Win11 with RX 580

https://pastebin.com/bWbNFjqb - dxdiag

This does not happen in windows 10. Driver version doesn't matter as I've tried recommended 22.5.1 and latest optional 22.10.3, the issue happens on both.

https://youtu.be/gSK27hSSpZM - video of the issue in OW2, but it also happens in CSGO and I guess all other games.

0 Likes
7 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

It is perfectly normal for fps to dip and latency increase when you are moving, because GPU has to work more. What is the issue?

0 Likes
DetectiveSunshine
Journeyman III

the issue is that it doesn't happen on windows 10

0 Likes
DetectiveSunshine
Journeyman III

and that it happens in every game when i press something on keyboard

0 Likes
DetectiveSunshine
Journeyman III

and it's obviously not supposed to happen

0 Likes

In that video I saw you press a button, character moved, fps dipped unremarkably little. I did not see anything abnormal. If you actually play a game and not watch graphs, is there some real problem? Different OS's are a bit different and some protection enhancements which are default in Win11 might slow performance a bit.

EDIT: If you allowed mouse or keyboard to install some software to control RGB or whatever, I would uninstall that as coding of such programs is usually terrible (same goes to Asus Crate which has caused issues to many people). I don't have personal experience about these as I never install nor use them.

0 Likes

you gaslighting me or what i don't get it, like what the. yes, its dipped little, but it happens every second or two, so its not like i can just get used to it rofl. yes, i want to play game, but i cant because of that issue. maybe on video its not really noticeable, but when you play the game you cant get over it. and no, its not because of defender using cpu or gpu or other security enchancements, because i disabled defender(i dont have antimalware executable) in task manager....

0 Likes

"its not because of defender using cpu or gpu or other security enchancements, because i disabled defender(i dont have antimalware executable) in task manager...."

I was talking about device security, like memory integrity in core isolation, default in Win11, optional in Win10.

"yes, its dipped little, but it happens every second or two, so its not like i can just get used to it"

Well that videoclip was not quite long enough to show that.

Some people get rid of problem by unplugging second monitor, some by disabling hardware acceleration in browsers and where possible. I would also consider what I said about mouse and keyboard "enhancements". When you google it, some of the first things that pop up is some gaming service causing issues, so unistalling and reinstalling, or disabling hardware acceleration or such might do the trick

0 Likes