cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SLIPPYKITTY
Journeyman III

Issues with MS Office 365 draw tool while using AMD drivers

I have recently reset my laptop (HP envy with ryzen 7 5900U integrated graphics).

After installing windows and all device drivers I noticed issues using MS office. The pen tool in all apps (tested in word PowerPoint and both version of OneNote) is very buggy. Instead of showing the inputs while drawing no ink will appear until the pen has been lifted (same issue when using the touchscreen or a mouse). After drawing longer lines/scribbles the screen flickers for a few seconds and then the application will crash. After looking on google and various Microsoft forums I saw that a user with an intel laptop had a similar issue which was caused by graphics drivers. I have now uninstalled Radeon software and all display drivers and the pen tool is now functioning as it should.

I was using up to date drivers installed using the adrenaline installer from the AMD website.

Windows default drivers seem to be working fine for now so I'm not in any rush to reinstall AMD drivers but I will try again once some updates have been released.

0 Likes
0 Replies