cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gingerbreadman1
Journeyman III

Is Windows uninstalling my AMD drivers? Randomly black screen, windows hardware compatibility driver

Every now and then my computer screen goes black and unresponsive (sound still comes but pressing the power button doesn't shut down and keys seem to do nothing).
Upon starting up my computer my video has switched from my video card, to my motherboard (I found this out by trying to plug in the HDMI to my motherboard).
Looking at device manager it shows Windows Compatability Drivers for my video card, furthermore I can not get AMD drivers to work again. The AMD site says Radeon 6750 XT when I go to their download page so it knows I have it connected. Upon trying to install it, it says "No AMD Card detected", this happens both when I download and run the driver OR autodetect. I'm wondering if it uses the Windows detection and can't find it (like it shows on device manager) while the website uses a different method.
I'm almost convinced it's Windows doing some fkery with my drivers but don't know what to do here.
I've gotten it to work my uninstalling everything and installing everything again. But this seems to happen randomly and I'm tired of this headache. Especially when playing an online game and this happens it takes me out of it for half an hour.

I have tried preventing windows from installing drivers via the editor already, and my computer meets all the power requirements of the card. Looking for suggestions or ideas.

0 Likes
0 Replies